News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dcc turnout issues

Started by Mark 1806, December 24, 2018, 11:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark 1806

I have 2 new ez track dcc turnouts that do not respond when I press the set program button. It is an oval with two turnouts that form a figure 8 so to speak. It is fed by 1 red wired track feeder. It says to hold the button in and wait for it to click, nothing happens. Do I need to put feeder wires right on the turnout? Any ideas would help.

RBDNHM

It is very difficult from your post to give you much help.  How long is your entire layout?  What DCC system?  Just the one feeder for the entire layout?  Some DCC sources say something like you should have a feeder every three feet and all joiners should be soldered.  To each his own, but that seems like overkill to me.  But one feeder for an entire layout could be the issue.

TwinZephyr

You will not be able to program the turnouts if your track geometry has created a short circuit.

RBDNHM

I was wondering whether it really is a figure 8 also. The OP says "so to speak" so I thought perhaps it was a large oval/circle with a half size oval/circle inside. But if a true figure 8, your response is better than mine. Can you run a train on a shorting figure 8 DCC track?  I do not think I want to try.

Len

If the two turnouts are being used to create a way to cross from one side of the oval to the other, a reverse loop has been created. With the resulting short due to the lack of proper track gaps.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

RBDNHM

We may never know if it is a little o as part of a big O, a computer "0" with a diagonal through it, or other. Oh well.