News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Repair DCC plug

Started by Decembertwenty, December 29, 2018, 10:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decembertwenty

I had several wires disconnect from the dcc plug that plugs into my Daylight HO locomotive #4449. Where can I find the wire sequence to repair the plug and how to re- insert them.  Thanks for any assistance. 

rich1998

To my knowledge I have only seen people here post wiring from their experience. No idea if Bachmann post wiring diagrams. I have never seen any but they might exist.
I have purchased two and four pin assemblies some years ago but I traced out the wiring in advance.
The PC boards are usually labeled.
I do know the two pin is for driver pickup.
Four pin, light and motor.
My Spectrum photos are buried somewhere on my external hard drive. They "might" be the same. No idea. I have searched the Internet but not have found anything yet.
I doubt those connectors are repairable.
You could try searching the HO and General forums.
Also check the Product Reference page. Maybe Bachmann has posted something.
Good luck. Your mileage may vary. Many do not care to open their locos or tenders. The wires are delicate and some pull hard on the wires. I use a flat jewelers screwdriver to gently pry the plug out. Some yank.

Rich

Decembertwenty

Rich, I appreciate the response and the research in your files for a wiring diagram.  My plug has 7 wires.  I'll follow your recommendations and see what I can find. 
Thanks, Paul
South Carolina

rich1998

One time when doing a 4-6-0 Spectrum about ten years ago I cut the wires too shot and ordered a new set. The PC board was labeled. Having worked in electronics for many years I knew how to troubleshoot with an ohm meter and did continuity also.
Note, Bachmann does not use NMRA colors on their wires.
Polarity has to be correct for the two pin connector tto match the pickups in the tender. The PC board should be marked.
My PC boards were marked.
Just take your time. I had to. My vision was not the best at the time. A fine tip soldering station was great. I could never do that now.

I do remember a couple guys posting photos about six to may eight years ago with drawings of Spectrum wiring. Might be typical but only a guess. Since Photo Bucket went crazy a couple years ago the photos might be gone. Mine are.

Rich

rich1998

If I am reading this correctly I can see what you might be up against. The two pin connector has a broken wire.
Look carefully at the PC board. The PC board should be labeled. I looked at the connectors mounted on the loco.
Let me know.

Rich