News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ track #6 remote crossover

Started by Paul Allen, January 12, 2019, 11:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Allen

Hello,

I am new to the hobby so I apologize if I don't use the correct terminology.

I recently purchased the Bachmann digital commander train set for me and my 80 year old father to have a hobby together. We decided to expand with different ideas so I purchased 2 of the #6 remote crossovers a left and a right hand, these were used from kijiji from a guy who is also into model trains and thought would be a safe buy anyways when I got them I installed them I realized that 3 of the 4 switches were missing one of the two point rails that slide back and forth to direct the train. My question is am I able to purchase these rails from somewhere? I have looked online but can't seem to find anything. Thanks for any help.

Paul

Hunt

Quote from: Paul Allen on January 12, 2019, 11:15:03 AM
My question is am I able to purchase these rails from somewhere?

Paul

No. Contact the person who sold the turnouts for a refund.

More --------

If using DC on power the track to run your locomotives  realize -

The #6 Crossover is intended to be use in a layout powered with DCC.  The # 6 turnout has to be modified to use in a  DC powered layout.

Caution – Most of the instructions, which can be found on internet , to modify the Bachmann #6 remote crossover turnout 447575 and 44576 for use in a DC power layout are not accurate,  Do not use any instructions that have you cutting any wires.  It is easy for most people to botch the modifications without illustrated instructions. Even with good illustrated instructions, many botch the required modifications.

Paul Allen

OK thanks for the information, unfortunately he is not playing nice so I guess I'm out the money.

Paul