News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dynamis Handset Issue

Started by Striker1945, January 15, 2019, 02:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Striker1945

I'm wondering if someone here, maybe even the Bach Mann himself, could help me with an issue I am having.
I received the Bachmann Dynamis System for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago now. After about  year of use the controller stopped working.
I contacted bachmann and they replaced the handset and I had to pay shipping. It was a worthwhile deal considering the cost of a new handset.
I just added a new decoder to the Thomas and Friends Douglas locomotive and went to program the engine. My controller initially functioned fine after not being used for a year.
Slowly the controller began to malfunction. Initially my ability to scroll through locomotives was hindered and I could only scroll through locomotives by scrolling to the right. After literally a moment (I stepped away to get new batteries) the controller turned off. Upon turning it back on the controller automatically scrolled through every locomotive I had continuously and I could no longer use the unit. After a change of batteries nothing has changed. I am frustrated because I do not take my trains out often as I am a grad student, but now that I have my own place and a space for trains I cannot use them. On top of that this is the second time the handset has malfunctioned without being dropped, shocked, gotten wet, etc. I am almost beginning to regret going with the Dynamis system because of this.
Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.
I also want to apologize for rambling or seeming overly frustrated.

-Striker

the Bach-man

Dear Striker,
Please call the service department.
If we need to replace it again we will.
Thanks!
the Bach-man