STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2020, 09:15:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Large
| | |-+  Converting 4-4-0 Pilot/cowcatcher from wood to steel
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Converting 4-4-0 Pilot/cowcatcher from wood to steel  (Read 410 times)
Chris9017

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2019, 07:06:40 AM »

Hello everyone.

Here's the thing, I am working on converting my Spectrum 4-4-0's pilot/cow-catcher from the stock wood to the new strapped steel from the 2017 Mogul.  Now, I have the part, but the pilot doesn't fit.   In order to make it fit, I know some cutting from a dremel has to be done, but I fear of ruining my engine.  Also unfortunately only the steel cowcatcher is sold in the parts stock from the 2017 Mogul and not the ENTIRE assembly including the front pilot deck.  If the entire pilot assembly was including then it was be an easy swap of, swapping out the entire pilot assembly and not have to worry about making modifications to the 4-4-0's existing pilot deck.

Is there a way I can get the ENTIRE pilot assembly from the 2017 Mogul, and NOT just the cowcatcher, or are there tricks and tips in easy modifications that I can do to the existing pilot deck with out having to worry about ruining my engine?

Any help would be appreciated. 
Loco Bill Canelos

Model railroading since 1947

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 06:56:56 PM »

Hi Chris,

Your best bet would be to call the parts dept. and see what they can do for you.
Loco Bill

Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway Missouri Western Railway
Semi Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: