News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

decapod

Started by bob kaplan, January 26, 2019, 09:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainman203

If you don't understand DCC, and are operating with an EZ Command, bad cv settings are a big problem because you bought an engine that doesn't run well or pull well.  You think the product is flawed, not merely incorrectly adjusted.  How many of these engines  wound up in the trash because of this, who knows.  There's no excuse for those bad cv's.  You spend that much money on an engine , it ought to run correctly and smoothly and pull well "out of the box" ("ready to run", right?).  The 2-8-0 came much better set up, not as frustrating to operate.

Plenty of non experienced people who didn't know what MR is probably threw them away.  Bachmann probably discontinued the engine because of all the returns.

oldline2

I hear your pain about lack of DCC experience. I'm there myself. Mine arrived as DC engines and I hard-wired in Tsunamis  on 2 of the 4 right away. The other 2 got the same treatment later on.  Adjusting CVs isn't something I'm good at and other than the main sounds (whistle,bell, rod clank and pops) I just used whatever default settings came with the Tsunamis. They all seemed to run fine and are great engines.

I just can't picture someone throwing them away because the CV's aren't what they want. Not very cost effective on the hobby budget. The junk from BLI seems to constantly get poor comments until people reset the CVs and they cost much more than the Bachmann stuff.

I don't know but anyone that wants to throw away their Ruskies (or any other Bachmann steamer) please let me know and I'll pay the shipping to me.

The Ruskie isn't the only steamer that has been discontinued. Most products now are limited availability.

oldline2