News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Golden Spike Set in Large Scale ?

Started by krs99, January 27, 2019, 11:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krs99

The 10th of May is the 150th anniversary of the completion of the transcontinental railroad.

Just wondering if Bachmann is bringing out a Large Scale set of the two locomotives and the "golden spike" to commemorate that event.

Joe Zullo

If they were, I think you would have heard about it already!  :-[

krs99

Well, I don't know about that.

LGB is coming out with a very limited and very expensive set in brass and they tried their damndest to keep it under wraps.

Bachmann already has 4-4-0 locos, seems to me they wouldn't miss this opportunity of the 150th anniversary.
They could just do a better job of keeping this a secret until the New York Toy Fair or even closer to the anniversary date.

RkyGriz

I know that Lionel has announced a set in their latest catalog. Both locos are their over-used,cheesy looking General 4-4-0 design. The catalog lists the two loco set at $549.00. There is also going to be a brass set that Lionel is releasing. No info on that set is currently available.
Griz

krs99

Quote from: RkyGriz on January 27, 2019, 03:35:45 PM
I know that Lionel has announced a set in their latest catalog. Both locos are their over-used,cheesy looking General 4-4-0 design. The catalog lists the two loco set at $549.00. There is also going to be a brass set that Lionel is releasing. No info on that set is currently available.
Griz

Yes, but that is all O-Gauge.
A Large Scale version of that would be nice!

Joe Zullo

Like I said "If they were, I think you would have heard about it already!"   ::)

RkyGriz

I know. I just thought that I'd throw that out in case some of you would be interested. I run multiple scales myself, and I'd buy the set if it were more authentic looking. Unfortunately, Lionel continues to use their old General model or the 4-4-0 ,and it's time that they revamped it. Thank you, Bachmann for continuing to make new offerings in Large Scale!
Griz