When your drug store has a traction drive through.

Started by Terry Toenges, January 29, 2019, 02:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

charon

Great pic Terry.
And look at that tight radius on that turnout!
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

ebtnut

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

DAVISinGP

Quote from: Terry Toenges on January 30, 2019, 10:26:40 AM
Can everyone else see it?
No problem here.

Reminds me of the song lyrics, "...till the train runs out of track."

:D

Trainman203

Remember the "Victoria Station " restaurants?  They had railroad cars stuck on them for dining space.  This reminds me of them.

Len

Total newbie question: Could a Decapod be used for street running on those curves??

Old timers answer: Bwahahahahahaahah! (catches breath) Hahahahahahahaa! (gasp) Ha.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

As long as it stops at the stop lights like the trolleys.
Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

That street trackage switch looks like the EZ track no. 3 switch. You know, the one everyone wants their EM-1 or 2-10-2 to go through. 😲😱😂😂.

Trainman203

Oh ... about street running and traffic lights.  Back home the T&NO main line ran down a major street, Washington Ave., for about 6 blocks.  At the intersections some city planning moron had put stop signs on Washington Ave. Cars crossing the tracks and crossing Washington Ave  thought the trains were supposed to stop at the stop signs and were always getting hit.🤭😱😂😂😂😮.

RAM

I wish I knew where this happened.  One can only guess as to what happened.

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

DAVISinGP

Thanks for posting the details.

The story brings up an interesting facet in trolley history.

Lots of folks are quick to blame GM for their "conspiracy" to replace street cars with buses. I'm not saying there wasn't. But the reality is that by the late 40s, the public perceived street cars to be antiques, lumbering down the middle of crowded streets often blocking traffic . Buses were considered "modern." I'm sure reading stories like this one back then contributed to the public's perception.

RAM

There are many reasons for the passing of the street cars.  One of the biggest was more people driving, less people riding.  Systems were not updated. For those that updated to pcc cars, Gm was a big part.  Some cities wanted to street car company to remove the snow from the streets. however the street cars are making a come back and what happened to GM.

Trainman203

Ok quiz time.  Which track was that streetcar on and which direction was it traveling?  Two big clues are there.  First correct answer gets.... recognition 😂,