When your drug store has a traction drive through.

Started by Terry Toenges, January 29, 2019, 02:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

I'm guessing it was on the far right curve and headed toward the upper right.
Feel like a Mogul.

plas man

counter assistant ,,, ''can I help you sir?''
driver ..................  '' travel sickness pill's please''.........  ;D

nice find Terry - thanks for sharing .   

Len

Based on the trolley pole position and the scrape marks in the street:

It was on the same track as the other trolley in the pic, trying to make the left turn when the back end broke loose and carried it backwards into the drug store.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Trainman203

That's right Len.  It came to rest slightly touching the light pole.  To be that close to the pole without damage would be unlikely otherwise.  You are hereby "recognized " 😂😂.  Although I'm having trouble seeing scrape marks in the street.  I probably need a new prescription.😆

RAM

It should have made a right turn instead of jumping the track and crossing over the other track.

Terry Toenges

Looking at the scrape marks on the street, my thoughts were that the truck (the one closest to the store) locked up somehow and wouldn't swivel. That caused it to not follow the curve around to the right and jump the track. Then, it kept going straight into the store and pulled the other end with it. If it did as you guys say, would it have been able to swivel up over the curb like a lateral hop up there on the side walk? Or, just follow the crub down the street? The curb wouldn't haven't been a problem if it hit it almost straight on like I am thinking. What made the scrape marks in the street? The truck (rubber tired vehicle) is somewhat obscuring the street, but I don't see any kind of drag marks on that side up there. Also, look at the way the cantenary is arched against the store. It would do that if hit almost head on. If hit sideways, it would have bent to the side.
Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

Stumbled across this photo today and thought of this thread.

DAVISinGP

Love the "Look for the Silver Lining" sign.  :D

P.S. After a bit of research, it appears to be a sign for the Silver Lining Laundry.