News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Auto reversinloop

Started by mikec069, December 16, 2007, 12:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikec069

Layout is/hiping to be where the loco can go clockwise on inside loop then through a series of switches (all standard remote), cross the oval and go counter-clockwise.  Got it all connected and the E-Z Commander said I hs a short.  :'(   After checking the whole layout and there was nothing else wrong I disconnected part of that crossing and 'poof' short was gone.    :) Will the auto-revering loop (44912) fix that problem?  F.Y.I. I'm running all DCC diesels.

Thank you and happy railroading holidays

Jake

Yes, it will. The reversing module is made to swap the voltage on a reversing section according to the engine(s)' direction of travel, and prevent a short.

Just follow the setup instructions and you will be on your way! ;D
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

mikec069

Thank you Jake...

I'm glad I put it on my list I sent santa, and my wife's list too.. ;)

RAM

Mike. one question.  In this  reversing section,  Did you have a short without running anything?  The  reversing section must be an isolated section of track.  A gap is need in both rails at both ends of the  reversing section.  This could also be done using a DPDT switch. 

mikec069

RAM
Yes.  Plugged the power cord into the the controller and the all but the 10 loco LEDs went on flash.  No trains, no cars, no anything.  Disconneted two pieces of track that will send the loco going in the oppisite direction and all was well.  The layout is two ovals with standard turnouts for connecting the inner to outer 'loops' and a section of straights that bisects, but not evenly, the inner loop.  If I have to do some wiring, solderiing and gappiing in ADDITION to the auto reversing module, I'll have to rethink and redo my layout.  :'(

tommy4u2

I have a question in a dcc system If I add a reverse loop can I just put insulated rail joiners at the point where the reverse loop joins back into the main line or do I actually need the module for it to work correctly when the train crosses back on to the main line
Thanks in Advance
Tom
My Daddy told me along time ago if you cant say something nice to  someone don't say anything at all

Guilford Guy

When the loco crosses the gap, the rear axles of the the lead truck will get a different signal than the front axle of the lead truck. If you have only 1 axle pick ups then it will work, but I am not familiar with any models that feature a 1 axle pick up.
Alex

WoundedBear

The number of pickups on the loco shouldn't matter.

My reverse loop will trigger, from the metal wheel sets on my cars, when I back the train into the reversing section rather than lead in loco first.

Sid

RAM

you will either need the module or a dpdt switch.