News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Berkshire..

Started by bob kaplan, February 03, 2019, 09:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

I am sure this has been answered along the way....but I could not find it.   What is (or might be) the pulling power of the Bachmann Berkshire on straight, level track?  I tried you tube, but they only offer an evaluation of the detail and speed performance.
   Thanks.

Trainman203

I've got a great idea. Let's start a new discussion that lists pulling power of each Bachmann steam engine by experience.  Starting it now.

rich1998

Quote from: bob kaplan on February 03, 2019, 09:29:23 AM
I am sure this has been answered along the way....but I could not find it.   What is (or might be) the pulling power of the Bachmann Berkshire on straight, level track?  I tried you tube, but they only offer an evaluation of the detail and speed performance.
   Thanks.

I searched Google for Bachmann ho Berkshire pulling power and one link was at You Tube. Berkshire pulling power test.  The video showed fifteen cars on a level layout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNRAI0ZUuw

Rich

Terry Toenges

Bachmann old time 4-4-0 (The old ones, not the newer redone ones. I don't know how they compare.) - 29 old time cars plus 4 wheel caboose, part of it being up a 2% grade.
Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

I remember, maybe fifteen years ago using my old tender drive Bachmann pulling fifteen cars up a grade with a Winans Camel 0-8-0 pushing. Ok, not fair. lol. Bachmann had DCC, pusher DC with a MRC2k which would run one DC loco with a Buzz. Bachmann was fine tuned with a new can motor.
Did it with a Mantua General also which had a metal boiler and heavier plus DCC.
Never took pictures though.

Rich