News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

4-6-0 Anniversary

Started by Dr Who 12, February 03, 2019, 12:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Who 12

Hi all again.

Well I have been adding to my 4-6-0 Anniversary loco collection buy buying parts and 2 new locos on very good deals, the last I spent $53.00 for loco and tender.
The loco is to arrive tomorrow so I'll see what kind of bargain I have. On all of the locos I have been changing the sound drum by adding 2 more contact blades  so that the loco has 4 chuffs per driver revolution. In the past I had difficulty removing the plastic wheel cover so the mounting axel screws are accessible. I used to drop the wheel end in boiling water and then pry the plastic cover off, this kind of worked but I still broke some spokes but now I heat the wheel up with a hair dryer and punch the cover out from the back side of the wheel so far I have done 3 locos this way without damaging the wheel cover. I was even able to leave the wheels on the loco and remove the covers. On the last loco I removed all of the wheel covers while still on the loco so I could paint the metal wheels. I hope this tip helps others doing this kind of work on their locos. Caution when doing this as the wheel covers can get too hot and warp them.

Later Dr Who 12

Dr Who 12

Well I thought I would respond to my $53.00 bargain. I couldn't believe I actually won the auction for this loco but it arrived and every part was perfect and it runs beautifully. The loco is the Christmas annie#1225. I realize this is an old post but I thought I would update. I should make a correction. The loco was missing the cab hatch. I made one from some scrap plastic. Painted and installed it  and it is like it was never missing.
So long story short there are great buys out there sometimes.
Later
DrWho12

JLK2707

Yeah. It is such a shame that they are just like once in a blue moon.

Plow_Bender

Quote from: JLK2707 on June 26, 2019, 08:22:02 AM
Yeah. It is such a shame that they are just like once in a blue moon.

Mr. JLK, you honestly need to stop with these kinds of posts.  I mean really...  This has been brought up several times before and you have made no effort whatsoever to change.   The worst part about it is that I am not the only one who has called you out on this, and regardless who says anything you act completely oblivious to what they are saying and continue to keep up this obnoxious behavior.  What you are doing is not productive.  It's unnecessary, creates clutter, and contributes in no way to the forum or the topics people are discussing.  It was one thing when you were doing it in the Thomas & Friends board, but you've literally been carrying your trash posting across the entire Bachmann forum.  Why?

Let me tell you a little something.  I choose to spend my time in the Large Scale board for a few good reasons.  People here are informative and know a thing or two about Large Scale, people here share a common interest in the Large Scale hobby, and people here contribute to discussions on Large Scale topics.  I don't come on here to sift through your trash posting after you respond to something with either "Cool!" or "Good luck, Joe!".  Furthermore, what I am failing to understand is that you've been on the forum for a good 10 years, so why now do you insist on being obnoxious and posting trash?  If you're going to continue this behavior, do us all a favor and just go back to the Thomas & Friends board and leave your one word/one sentences posts out of other peoples discussions.

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."