News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Muir Models Double Covered Water Tank Kit#41

Started by WoundedBear, February 06, 2019, 03:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

Here are a few shots of my latest project. Title says it all. ;)

I opened this not quite 2 weeks ago. Spent a day or so reading and studying the drawings, made a few photocopies of the templates, and got to work.

Base kit..............

WoundedBear

This is even before the days of die-cutting. From the templates, you trace and cut your parts from sheet wood.

Had to make a support saddle for the downspout.

Enjoy!

Sid

ebtnut

Great work, Sid.  I real nice visual how-to on assembling a craftsman kit. 

Terry Toenges

That looks real good. I've got some of those HO Muir kits that I never assembled. Some of them are the  Ponderosa buildings. I think I have four or five of them. I bought them on EBay over the years. I'll probably just sell them on EBay since I'm no longer doing HO.
Feel like a Mogul.

Trainman203

The 1900 Sanborn maps of my hometown show a double water tank by the depot. No photographs exist but it probably was much like this but without the roof.  Might need to get this kit.

WoundedBear

Quote from: Trainman203 on February 06, 2019, 06:40:56 PM
The 1900 Sanborn maps of my hometown show a double water tank by the depot. No photographs exist but it probably was much like this but without the roof.  Might need to get this kit.

You do know that this kit is almost 40 years old, right?

Sid

jonathan

Fantastic Sid!

Your layout will be the kind one gets lost in, as one stares ever closer to the amazing details and craftsmanship.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards,

Jonathan

Trainman203

No, did not know kits age but things live forever on eBay and your photos show enough to scratchbuild something.