News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 Heisler SoundValue

Started by Martin63, February 05, 2019, 05:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin63

I have the on30 Heisler with the sound upgrade bought last year. I was playing around with programming the cv values for sound effects without much luck so I decided to reset by programming cv08 to value of 8. I guess it did the reset but now all I can get are diesel sounds. I have not been able to find any info on how to change back to steam sounds. I know Digitrax uses cv60 for the change but not on SoundTraxx. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Hunt

Click Here 14-Ton Two-Truck Stearns-Heisler Sound Module instructions. Note the sound module sounds - do not know what you are hearing you think is diesel.

Nonetheless, remove the sound module - reset the decoder cv 8 = 8. if you can control the Heisler using address 3
then install the sound module. 

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on February 05, 2019, 05:55:38 PM

. . . .

Nonetheless, remove the sound module - reset the decoder cv 8 = 8. if you can control the Heisler using address 3
then install the sound module. 

. . . reset the decoder in the Heisler cv 8 = 8 . . . .

Hunt

What are you using to program the decoder and where (on the main or programming track)?

Martin63

I'm using Digitrax zephyr and programming on programming track. Sounds I am getting are prime mover, no chuff and horns instead of whistles. I've reset twice using cv08-8.

Martin63

After reset locomotive responds on address 03.

Hunt

The decoder and its add-on sound module are not from the SoundTraxx OEM Sound Value family but are SoundTraxx OEM Tsunami.

Go to the Digitrax website search for KB33: Programming Soundtraxx Tsunami Decoders with Digitrax Zephyr

Hunt

Suggest finding someone with a NCE Power Cab and use to program.

remove the sound module - reset the decoder CV 8 = 8. if you can control the Heisler using address 3 - then install the sound module.