News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DD40AX Horn selection

Started by edsolter, February 09, 2019, 01:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edsolter

My DDA40AX has 3 horn selections with the CV# 115, default # 0 then #1 or #2 for different Leslie horns but when I input on my MRC Tech 6 it does not change the horn sound---P115 enter, 0 or 1 or 2 enter, no change. Also with my DC GP40 running I assume I need to run my DCC/sound DD40 in DC or analog to run both locos at the same time? 

Thank you

Hunt

Contact MRC - indication is the MRC Tech 6 is not capable of changing CV 115 in a SoundTraxx OEM Bachmann Sound Value decoder. Perhaps MRC has a workaround but not likely. Surmise you will need to find someone with a full featured DCC system willing to change CV 115 for you.

Recall from my reply to another one of your posts - A MRC Tech 6 is a niche product ....   If you want the capabilities of DCC the Tech 6 is going to limit you.

edsolter

The sound decoder only gives me 8 functions which I'm learning with the sound value vs over 20 with MTH locos with sound so Bachman really makes these locos to work on their E-Z command system with only 9 functions on the power pack even thou this loco was $275.00 when new in 2012.