News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2019 Official Announcements

Started by InsideTrack, February 15, 2019, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsideTrack

Dear Thomas & Friends™ fans,
Below is a list of the new items we are announcing for 2019. This is the COMPLETE list and the ONLY new items that will be announced in 2019. Happy rails!

HO SCALE THOMAS & FRIENDS™
Item No. 58819 ROSIE - RED (with moving eyes)
Item No. 77001 MINING WAGON WITH LOAD – BLUE
Item No. 77002 SODOR COAL CO. WAGON with LOAD
Item No. 77003 SODOR SCRAP CO. WAGON
Item No. 77004 SODOR LOGGING COMPANY FLAT WAGON with LOGS
Item No. 00755   THOMAS' CHRISTMAS DELIVERY (new Christmas set)

N SCALE THOMAS & FRIENDS™
Yes, we are introducing a completely NEW N scale line of Thomas & Friends™!

Item No. 58791 THOMAS the TANK ENGINE™
Item No. 58792 PERCY the SMALL ENGINE
Item No. 76094 ANNIE
Item No. 76095 CLARABEL
Item No. 77096 TROUBLESOME TRUCK #1
Item No. 77097 TROUBLESOME TRUCK #2

Please watch Bachmann's website, www.bachmanntrains.com, for the official announcements of new Thomas & Friends™ product arrivals.

really called Thomas

Quote from: InsideTrack on February 15, 2019, 09:32:04 AM

Item No. 76094 ANNIE
Item No. 76095 CLARABEL

Oh yes  :)

Will these be available in the UK?

TrainFan97

Nothing new for Narrow Gauge or Large Scale at all. I wonder if the Narrow Gauge Coaches held back from that.

Anyways, we didn't get Sidney, but we are getting Red Rosie. No Explosives Van or Troublesome Truck #6. Shockingly, no new Troublesome Truck because they usually announce them every three years, but the pattern has been broken.

And finally, we're finally getting N Scale Thomas and Percy, along with some rolling stock, which is exciting! They should look much better than their HO models, since they will be based on their CGI designs.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

Wow, looks like Bachmann bought the rights to do N scale to the US.  This is very exciting and all and I am excited for these new models.  There is major potential for this new range and I am ecstatic for the future that this range can give.  Curious how the size of the new N scale models will turn out compared to standard British N gauge models, or the Tomix range for that matter. 

The lack of large scale and especially narrow gauge announcements are pretty disappointing.  Perhaps they really want to wait until Rusty and the coaches are out first for narrow gauge?  Either way sounds like we have to wait another year or so for more narrow gauge announcements.  

Red Rosie was expected, but at the same time it was a total copout like grumpy Diesel.  If anything, Rosie should have been red in the first place.  I'm sure the people who passed on Rosie in the first place because of the livery not being up-to-date might be happy with this, but it does feel redundant all the same.

Great to see the flat car is making a comeback with a log load, great to see that happening.  Logs were the load I would have preferred in the first place, but I'm sure it will turn out nice.  I can see these being a lot more popular than the paint drums considering the nostalgia behind the log cars. 

No further comment on the other stock, as well as the new set til the catalog is posted.  Though if I'm being honest, this isn't exactly a year where I am as ecstatic as I would hope to be, which if I'm honest my hopes were not that high (aside from hoping that Peter Sam would join in).  I might consider getting the N scale range, but otherwise I may pass on all these.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Streak

Well, here it is.

Red Rosie wasn't a big surprise and I'm partially glad they're making her so that we can have the most accurate version of her in the line, but yeah. I was hoping maybe we could get another new character/model to go with her like Stepney or even Sidney. But them's the breaks.

The rolling stock looks interesting. As someone who doesn't mind the filler wagons, I'm interested to see the new open wagons and especially the flatbed with logs. Surprised and a little disappointed at no Toffee Tanker, Explosives Van, and T. Truck 6 though.

No Narrow Guage and Large Scale at ALL is pretty crazy. It's really too bad but I'm guessing they set those ranges aside for...

The new N Scale range! The best surprise of the bunch if I'm being honest. I'm very interested to see where this line goes and considering the market for N Scale, this could be a good seller for Bachmann. Anyways, while this year is a bit on the lackluster side of things, I think in the long run the announcement for the N Scale line will turn out to be a really great thing... hopefully.

TrainshockeylifE

Very disappointing as this is the second year in a row we haven't gotten a new character for Ho Scale or N Scale. Second year we've had a repaint of an engine, and second year no narrow gauge engine. I do look forward to the n scale but was hoping for Ho Stepney or daisy and either Peter Sam or Sir Handle......

RailwayRoundhouse

Here are my thoughts.

I think everyone and their grandmother saw Red Rosie coming. Inevitable, but fine by me I guess. The four new wagons seem pretty cool, especially the Scrap Wagon and Log Wagon. Will definitely look into buying these. It's nice to see another set being introduced into the range, but I personally won't be buying this. I hope those who do get a good amount of enjoyment with it.

Nice to see an N Scale range, but I don't really have much to say about it honestly :P

All in all, what's been announced is okay, but rather lackluster in my opinion. I'm probably just feeling a little bummed out that there's nothing for the 009 and Large Scale ranges this year, but hopefully we'll see some news regarding Rusty and the Coaches sooner then later :)

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

What a disappointing year. Contrary to my statement from last night, I don't think there's a single item here that I am looking forward to. What a shame. I truly thought Bachmann had something special planned. The N scale line feels redundant and unnecessary and I have an awful feeling that just like the large scale line, the N scale will plateau after a few releases and (probably) be canceled or simply put out recolors. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

The time and energy I am assuming that Bachmann put into acquiring this N scale license were probably why the Large Scale and Narrow Gauge lines were neglected, and in my mind, that rationale makes very little sense.  I'm sure that they have weighed the positives and negatives though and have decided that it's a worthy trade-off, but it's still sad to see them jumping to the next best market instead of just continuing with the current lines. But that's just business I suppose.

Not sure what else to say. Bring on 2020.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Toad139

Personally, I'm just happy the flatbed is back. The new open wagons will probably be nice as well considering they have loads. I'm not to interested in Red Rosie all that much; I just hope she doesn't replace the original. I'm assuming she won't however considering Grumpy Diesel didn't replace regular diesel. No G scale or NG items is disappointing. I'm conflicted on N scale though. It will probably be nice, but it will definitely take away resources from other lines, which is disappointing.

Anthony P2

Very interesting! I'm excited to see what the rolling stock looks like. Wagons with loads are always nice to have and adds variety. I'm kind of surprised Bachmann hasn't come out with anymore wagons with loads since the coal truck and and flat car with paint drums. Another new Christmas set is nice to have too with different rolling stock. Red Rosie was expected along with Sydney but I definitely would have Red Rosie as a first pick to be introduced. No NG, LS, or accessories this year but oh well! There's always next year! I feel like since Rusty and the coaches are taking longer than expected, Bachmann probably has something in the works so they become available within a shorter span of time. Maybe some new resin buildings for next year? Farquhar station would be neat! Or since Hornby has discontinued their Thomas line, maybe there's a way Bachmann could purchase the old building toolings  from them (if that's possible?) and produce Great Wateron buildings? (Not sure if this would be possible but it would be neat if it could happen!)
I actually didn't see an N scale range anytime soon so that was a neat surprise! This is probably one of the main reasons there's nothing else new outside the HO line. Bachmann probably wants to focus on rolling this line out.

TrainshockeylifE

Hey InsideTrack, are there any cover pictures for the new ho items, a picture of the Christmas set, or pictures of the Narrow Gauge Coaches?

sean1994rail

Quote from: InsideTrack on February 15, 2019, 09:32:04 AM
Dear Thomas & Friends™ fans,
Below is a list of the new items we are announcing for 2019. This is the COMPLETE list and the ONLY new items that will be announced in 2019. Happy rails!

HO SCALE THOMAS & FRIENDS™
Item No. 58819 ROSIE - RED (with moving eyes)
Item No. 77001 MINING WAGON WITH LOAD – BLUE
Item No. 77002 SODOR COAL CO. WAGON with LOAD
Item No. 77003 SODOR SCRAP CO. WAGON
Item No. 77004 SODOR LOGGING COMPANY FLAT WAGON with LOGS
Item No. 00755   THOMAS' CHRISTMAS DELIVERY (new Christmas set)

Item No. 76094 ANNIE
Item No. 76095 CLARABEL

Please watch Bachmann's website, www.bachmanntrains.com, for the official announcements of new Thomas & Friends™ product arrivals.

My Views: Guess a Red Rosie was inevitable! but the flat beds return is very pleasing in my book, along with wagons with loads. A bit disappointed about no new OO9 products announced this year, at least we've got Rusty and the Skarloey Railway coaches to look forward to, and the new N gauge Thomas range is something I will be interested to see how it will pan out. Overall, an nice array of new products. Thanks Bachmann

TerencetheTractor525

Well, here it is. The 2019 Announcements! Honestly, my thoughts on this line up have changed within the past few hours. At first glance, I was very disappointed to see no new resin buildings, no new narrow gauge items, and not even Troublesome Truck #6, considering how much time and effort many of us put into our posts on these. But while looking through the announcements again, I saw that these aren't as bad as people are making them out to be.

For starters, Bachmann is bringing back the flat car! I am very excited to see that it is being reintroduced with a log load and am curious to know if the logs will be made out of plastic or real wood. The other rolling stock looks interesting as well, especially the mining wagon as it comes with a load. I'm also assuming that the scrap wagon will look like the discontinued Hornby model. Overall, I look forward to seeing these in the catalog, as none of them appear to be gimmicky designs.

Moving on to Red Rosie, as many people have already stated, announcing her with the updated paint scheme was inevitable. Nothing more to say there.

N Scale Thomas is something that I have mixed feelings about. Honestly, I'm very surprised that Bachmann decided to start the line now considering the cost of new toolings. I really hope that the cost of the new toolings that will have to go to this line does not cause problems when introducing items with new toolings for the other lines, especially narrow gauge.

As for large scale, I have a feeling that it has reached the end of the line. For next year, I could see Bachmann announcing some circus vans and an LBSC Thomas to celebrate the 75th Anniversary, but nothing more than that.

Lastly, with there being no new toolings for this years line up outside of the new n scale line, I am now really hoping that this means that the red and blue narrow gauge coaches will be made in two different toolings.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Streak

I just realized something... since the flatbed has been reintroduced, could the new Thomas' Christmas Delivery Set come with a Flatbed with a Christmas tree load as a reference to Thomas and the Missing Christmas Tree from Season 2? If so, then that set may be worth a pickup for me especially if the other rolling stock item is equally as good (like a brake van or the Christmas Van from "Hunt the Truck").

Chaz

The new Christmas set was confirmed to come with an open wagon with present load, similar to the large scale one. 

One other thing I think I am going to do is, apart from Gordon, hold off on all the N scale projects I have planned until I see what the new Bachmann lineup will be like.  I'm wondering if the troublesome truck toolings will either be a new tooling or if they are going to reuse the graham farish wagon tooling.

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.