Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 16, 2019, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sodor Engineer

it's just an idea that I think is cool.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

JLK2707

What do you think is just so cool about it thomas fan?

Sodor Engineer

just got an idea Bachmann should make a thomas and the magic railroad set with diesel 10 and Thomas but its DCC with the same layout as there other DCC sets, correct me if i'm wrong but that would be realy cool. 8)
   that's what I though was cool. ;)

Captain Crutch

One of the biggest engineering challenges with daisy is getting the eye mechanism and I personally think it would be easier to make they eye mechanism turn as her bogies turn instead of just turning back and forth in a rhythm... and it would make it a little more realistic, making sense as to what her eyes are looking at. Just an idea...
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Sodor Engineer

I though of a idea for the diesels with moving eyes and it's were you put the motor on the body and have a rod come from the motor and at the other end of the rod have some gears that go to the wheel sets and the other end of the motor goes to the gears of the moving eyes [fond this method on an old TYCO diesel just so you know].

:) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D

TerencetheTractor525

If Daisy gets made, I personally wouldn't mind if they omit the eye mechanism entirely if it means that we could get proper windows. Seeing that the Large Scale Winston does not have a moving eye mechanism, I don't see any shame if Daisy does not have one either.
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Sodor Engineer

TTL

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on July 10, 2019, 10:57:33 PM
If Daisy gets made, I personally wouldn't mind if they omit the eye mechanism entirely if it means that we could get proper windows. Seeing that the Large Scale Winston does not have a moving eye mechanism, I don't see any shame if Daisy does not have one either.
well this aged well
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

TTL

Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

Streak

Yeah, he's just making an observation. How is that rude?

TrainFan97

Now that Daisy, Troublesome Truck #6, and Peter Sam just got announced out of the blue, here's what I could expect Bachmann to announce in February of 2020:

HO Scale:
LBSC Thomas, Black James, or Sidney
Explosives Van
Chocolate Syrup Tanker
Toffee Tanker

Narrow Gauge:
Sir Handel
Brake Van (Blue)
Brake Van (Red)
Brake Van (Brown)

N Scale:
James
Mail Car
Milk Tanker

Since Troublesome Truck #6 is a tanker, I'd like #7 to be a Ventilated Van.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Chaz

With these surprise announcements coming out of nowhere this morning, I really can't say I expect all that much at the toy fair next year.  If anything I expect only some brake vans for the narrow gauge range and a starter set for the N scale range since what just got announced today has already been confirmed to be out in 2020.  It's also possible that they could even be out later than than that too.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Sodor Engineer

now we should start talking about 2021 :P

TrainFan97

Good point, Chaz.

It's like we just got the 2020 announcements early. Like you said, they may not have that many new things to announce at the Toy Fair in 2020. Most likely, they would announce things like Narrow Gauge Brake Vans, and an N Scale starter set. What would REALLY be nice is a Narrow Gauge starter set with Skarloey.

Any day now, they should post images of the Narrow Gauge Coaches, which were announced last year. Hopefully, not too long from now. At least another engine (Peter Sam) is on the horizon.

As for what was announced at the Toy Fair this year, Red Rosie might show up in stock any day now, along with the new open wagons, and the Flatbed with Logs.

What was announced today, which were Daisy, Troublesome Truck #6, the 1-Plank wagons, and Peter Sam, are all coming our way in 2020, or later. The products that should be out this year are Red Rosie, the new open wagons, and the Flatbed with Logs. Let's not forget the Narrow Gauge Coaches. We got those to look forward to.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Trainboy 48

Well now that we got what we asked for next year here's my expects for 2021:

HO Scale
Ryan, Stanley or Sidney
Explosives Van

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel
Green Narrow Gauge Coaches (The only rolling stocks I think of for narrow gauge)

Resin Buildings
Ffarquhar
The Watermill
Wishlist for Bachmann to make HO Scale Engines: Sidney, Samson and Porter.
Wishlist for Bachmann to make Narrow Gauge Engines: Victor and Mille.