Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 16, 2019, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerencetheTractor525

The narrow gauge mining wagons (that's what I like to call them  ;)) would certainly be welcome additions to the narrow gauge line, but I think that the narrow gauge brake vans are still the current priority among Thomas fans.

Another thing regarding narrow gauge that I find interesting is that Bachmann decided to use the term "carriage" instead of "coach" for the red and blue coaches. Hence, what if Bachmann uses the term "guard's van" instead of "brake van" for the narrow gauge brake vans? I know that this really isn't that big of deal, but it would certainly be interesting to see  :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Sodor Engineer

Honestly I like the idea of the narrow gauge trucks.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Chaz

I personally wouldn't mind having new wagons, especially since Peco recolor was never a popular seller popular.  However, I think brake vans should take priority before any other piece of narrow gauge rolling stock gets considered.  Especially after the coaches get out.

Regarding what they would be called, I could see them going by the term "guard van" myself.  Just as long as we get all three liveries next year at toy fair I'll be happy.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainFan97

If there's anything Bachmann should announce next Toy Fair, it's Narrow Gauge Brake Vans. I'm also hoping for an N Scale starter set with Thomas, or even a Narrow Gauge starter set with Skarloey. The Bachmann Skarloey line has been around for four years, and there's still no set for it. With a Skarloey set, people can finally have a more convenient way to start their Narrow Gauge collection.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

rjmets41

Quote from: TrainFan97 on July 20, 2019, 04:21:40 PM
If there's anything Bachmann should announce next Toy Fair, it's Narrow Gauge Brake Vans. I'm also hoping for an N Scale starter set with Thomas, or even a Narrow Gauge starter set with Skarloey. The Bachmann Skarloey line has been around for four years, and there's still no set for it. With a Skarloey set, people can finally have a more convenient way to start their Narrow Gauge collection.

That is really what I am hoping for, especially if they do a Skarloey set with passenger cars, I am all in @Bachmann

Angelob6660

If they wanted to make a Narrow Gauge train with Skarloey or Rheneas it would've been made already with 3 cars. 2 slate wagons with 1 box van or gondola.

I do believe Bachmann are making N Scale Thomas, Annie and Clarabel train set with a circle of track.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

sean1994rail

With Bachmann announcing Daisy, Peter Sam, Troublesome Truck 6 and the re-introducted conflats at the NMRA show for 2020 Release, I give my suggestions for the toy fair announcement in 2020.

HO

Stepney

Reintroduced Salty

Trevor

Brakevans

JLK2707

Nice suggestions. I really hope that bachmann brings Salty back.

Chaz

Last night I stayed at Jay's (Decadesofsun) and while going through his rolling stock projects I thought it would be a good idea to bring these to Bachmann's attention.

Starting things off with Fred and Rickety.

It's common knowledge that these two were announced and cancelled in 2005, hence how we managed to get the blue open wagon and the cargo car with eerily similar liveries those two, or at least close enough.  It may even seem redundant now to bring these back into production, but here is why I think these can still work.

The biggest reason is that we have been getting nothing but recolors for HO rolling stock in recent years.  Like the Spiteful brake van as well as the flat car making a comeback with logs, these will in nod doubt have the right support received from fans.  They are not only nostalgic for older fans but also bright and colorful which is something Mattel can appreciate.  If Bachmann is willing to introduce two blue wagons with the exact same livery but with different decals/loads as well as making the exact same coal wagon with load with new decals added, what should honestly stop them from doing this?

Some might argue that these were never in the show, but we also did get the Spiteful brake van who, while he was in the television series, he was given his RWS livery, and that alone is telling me that attempting something like Fred and Rickety really should not be so far out of their reach.

It's also worth noting that Jay also took the time to add lettering to his Rickety model to give him a design similar to that of Fred and SC Ruffey while basing him off the wooden railway toy.

But if Bachmann wants to go for something completely new, then another backup I wanted to bring up is the Sodor China Clay Trucks (RWS based)?

While these were based on what was seen in the books, it is clear that these can not only work in Bachmann's budget but these also have proven to successful as wooden railway toys in the past. 

Just like Fred and Rickety, these would not only have the right nostalgia behind them but also add more variety to the current lineup of wagon revolted in Bachmann's lineup.  Especially considering that these would require new China Clay loads to be included in them.

Anyway that's enough rambling on my end, I would like to hear other thoughts.  Do you think Fred and Rickety should make a comeback?  Would you buy them or the China Clay Trucks?
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Chaz on July 27, 2019, 03:33:05 PM
Last night I stayed at Jay's (Decadesofsun) and while going through his rolling stock projects I thought it would be a good idea to bring these to Bachmann's attention.

Starting things off with Fred and Rickety.

It's common knowledge that these two were announced and cancelled in 2005, hence how we managed to get the blue open wagon and the cargo car with eerily similar liveries those two, or at least close enough.  It may even seem redundant now to bring these back into production, but here is why I think these can still work.

The biggest reason is that we have been getting nothing but recolors for HO rolling stock in recent years.  Like the Spiteful brake van as well as the flat car making a comeback with logs, these will in nod doubt have the right support received from fans.  They are not only nostalgic for older fans but also bright and colorful which is something Mattel can appreciate.  If Bachmann is willing to introduce two blue wagons with the exact same livery but with different decals/loads as well as making the exact same coal wagon with load with new decals added, what should honestly stop them from doing this?

Some might argue that these were never in the show, but we also did get the Spiteful brake van who, while he was in the television series, he was given his RWS livery, and that alone is telling me that attempting something like Fred and Rickety really should not be so far out of their reach.

It's also worth noting that Jay also took the time to add lettering to his Rickety model to give him a design similar to that of Fred and SC Ruffey while basing him off the wooden railway toy.

But if Bachmann wants to go for something completely new, then another backup I wanted to bring up is the Sodor China Clay Trucks (RWS based)?

While these were based on what was seen in the books, it is clear that these can not only work in Bachmann's budget but these also have proven to successful as wooden railway toys in the past.  

Just like Fred and Rickety, these would not only have the right nostalgia behind them but also add more variety to the current lineup of wagon revolted in Bachmann's lineup.  Especially considering that these would require new China Clay loads to be included in them.

Anyway that's enough rambling on my end, I would like to hear other thoughts.  Do you think Fred and Rickety should make a comeback?  Would you buy them or the China Clay Trucks?
Personally, I'd buy all of them. If it helps Bachmann, they could present these designs to Mattel as "Troublesome Truck #8 - Blue Open Wagon" and "Troublesome Truck #9 - Orange Open Wagon", or something like that (Troublesome Truck #7 would likely be a ventilated van, I imagine).

There are plenty of designs for China Clay Trucks, so any open wagon design could work. One I like is Sodor Railway Modeler's custom HO/OO Scale China Clay Wagons with the Wooden Railway color schemes: https://mobile.twitter.com/SodorRyModeler/status/1041402221726969861

Angelob6660

I been waiting for a while when Bachmann makes the China Clay Works trucks. I been thinking of getting more green coal trucks and paint the loads white to simulate clay. Don't know about the decals if I decide to do it.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

TerencetheTractor525

Fred & Rickety would certainly be interesting products to introduce to the Bachmann line. While I am not desperate to see them in the range, I'm sure that they would do fairly well with sales, considering that they're troublesome trucks.

The Sodor China Clay Cars would be neat additions too, but I would prefer to see new china clay loads, as you stated  :).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Zekeism

I would love to see Hector and Bradford introduced into the series.
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

DucktheGWREngine08

Bradford may show up, hoping for Sir Handel or Duncan next for their official narrow gauge loco release and possibly a brake van for them.

JLK2707

I think that the TAR tanker wagon would just be great for Troublesome Truck #7!:)