Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 16, 2019, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steakandcake

Well here are my predictions for Feb. 2020.

HO Scale
Stepney (with moving eyes)
Dynamite Van (Ice Cream Van repaint)
Chocolate Syrup Tanker
Toffee Tanker

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel
Brown Brake Van
Blue Brake Van

N Scale
Thomas with Annie and Clarabel Starter Set
Percy and the Troublesome Trucks Starter Set

Falcon the 2nd

I may as well join in on the fun and share what I'd like for Feb. 2020! Not setting expectations too high considering the announcements we've gotten this summer, but I still want to lend some support in the ideas that currently matter most.

HO Scale
Tar Tanker reintroduction

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel
Blue Brake Van
Red Brake Van

N Scale

Large Scale (mainly wishful thinking)
Mavis (with moving eyes)

It is common among us fans that Stepney needs to be announced in time for the 75th anniversary, and for all the right reasons. Though I don't have particularly strong hopes for rolling stock and I will take whatever comes our way, it'd be nice if we saw the Tar Tanker reintroduced in vein of Gordon's Express Coaches. It helps that tankers are on the smaller end of options and have been recolored numerous times.

Even if Peter Sam has not yet been manufactured, I'm open to the possibility of Sir Handel being announced as he is my favorite among the Narrow Gauge cast. Like many others, I would appreciate the addition of brake vans; blue and red should be made at the very least since those are the only colors existing vans currently use.

I've already bought a good amount of N Scale track, but I still think a starter set with Thomas would be smart to make from a marketing standpoint. Not every family that buys model trains can enter a new scale easily.

The topic of Large Scale is a rather debatable one since announcements for it have not been exciting over the last five years. If the line were to have any shot of redemption going into the new decade, announcing a new engine would be its best case scenario. Bachmann was able to defy fans' expectations by giving Daisy moving eyes, so anything could happen announcement-wise in this field. As discussed elsewhere in the past, Mavis would be the absolute best choice for a new engine since she can re-use Toby's chassis and is an iconic, smaller character to make. Though I am not going to hold my breath over the idea, announcing Mavis at the very least would be a joy to see and it can make up for years of disappointment in the Large Scale market.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

DucktheGWREngine08

Even ghough Stepeney is popular, Mattel won't let Bachmann release a model of Stepney since he is not part of the current seasons, and Ryan would be released next, especially since he works with Daisy on the Harwick branch in the new seasons.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on September 01, 2019, 01:27:04 PM
Even ghough Stepeney is popular, Mattel won't let Bachmann release a model of Stepney since he is not part of the current seasons, and Ryan would be released next, especially since he works with Daisy on the Harwick branch in the new seasons.
What says that? They released the Spiteful Brakevan not long ago.

thomasj219

I don't agree with that either. BACHMANN has proven over years that they know WE are their main market. They have done certain things that Mattel has wanted but it's obvious they fight for us. Yes they can't make soley  model era characters anymore,  but you saying that Stepney has no chance with the anniversary on the horizon and  overwhelming fan demand (Duck) is just silly.  It may not happen but the chances are definitely better than they've ever been.

We need to just be vocal about what we want. Because we are the ones who buy.

My dreams would be

HO
Stepney
BoCo
Arthur
Harvey
Murdoch
Fergus

Long shots I know but
Diesel 10
Lady

If they made those few models with the exception of engines like the diesel and Derek, We would have the entire classic cast of characters.

Think about that.  When engines like Emily were coming out we never would've dreamed the range would be where it is today.  We even got a narrow gauge which was considered a dream by so many for so long. Guilford Guys turning in his forum grave.  ::) The OG Hater.

So yes Bachmann cares about us. Keep posting your thoughts boys.  

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on September 01, 2019, 01:27:04 PM

I'm honestly surprised that you're still arguing this with us despite what everyone on here has said in the past about why Stepney should be made.

People actually want Stepney because he isn't in the CGI series because fans prefer the classic designs and considering Arc/Jam-filled's track record, it's understandable why fans don't want to see Stepney in CGI (especially with the bouncing and the horrendous details that were added to some of the characters).  So if anything, the sooner they announce him the better.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DucktheGWREngine08

Fine, I won't argue as to why anymore, even though non of what I said makes me not wish he gets made.

HO Scale Steam Locos
Stepney
Ryan
HO Scale Diesels
Den
Dart
HO Scale Rolling Stock
Slip Coaches
Bradford
Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel/Duncan
Red Brakevan
Brown Brakevan
Green Coaches
Crovens Gate Depot

Zekeism

I do feel Stepney is very unlikely, but I would like to proven wrong.
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

Kemptown Branch

Here are my hopes for the 2020 announcements:
HO Scale:
Stepney (I wouldn't mind if it took them a couple of years after his announcement for him to be released, as long as they can make him)
Tar Tanker (I would love to see this reintroduced, especially since they returned in Season 23 with their Season 1 designs)
Red Express Coach
Red Express Brake Coach

Narrow Gauge:
Brown Brake Van
Blue Brake Van
(I could see them saving the red brake van for another year)

N Scale:

Large Scale:
LBSC Thomas
Troublesome Van

I do hope that Large Scale could get better announcements than those listed, I just don't know what people would think is popular for that range. Other than that, I feel like everything else would restore faith in Bachmann more than the NMRA announcements and I believe everyone would buy these items in a heartbeat. Plus, Stepney is pretty muchgarunteed money and the other items are relevant to the series, which Mattel should have no problems with.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Sodor Engineer

Time to give you guys my ideas now I know that these may not be made by 2020 but I would love to see these things made soon.

HO scale locomotives

Stepney
 Stanley
 Sidney
  Ryan

HO scale rolling stock

Hector
 tar tanker
 explosives van
 troublesome truck #7(a van)
 red express coaches
 red express brake coach
 china clay trucks(green and red)

HO scale train sets  (now I know that Bachmann don't really make any more train sets for the HO rang but they are still ideas)

Mavis's clay run(it would come with Mavis and the china clay trucks if they make them)
 Diesels devious delivery(it would come with Diesel and troublesome truck #1 and #2)
 Ducks farm run(it would come with Duck GWR van GWR cattle wagon Tidmouth milk tanker Terence the tractor and farmer MacColl)

narrow gauge

Sir Handel
 Duncan
 blue brake van
 red brake van
 open wagon
 green coach
 narrow gauge train set
 N scale and ho scale crossing(it's just an idea not reality)

non-rail
  Trevor

resin buildings
  narrow guage engine shed

N scale
 Thomas and friends starter set

large scale
 red coach
 red brake coach
 Henrietta

Those are my ideas hope you all enjoy. :)

thomas fan
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

TrainFan97

My list may not be much different from anyone else's.

HO Scale:
Stepney and/or Sidney (hopefully Stepney)
Explosives Van (this one is long overdue)
Chocolate Syrup Tanker
Toffee Tanker
Tar Tanker
Red Express Coach
Red Express Brake Coach

I know not all the rolling stock I listed above would be announced at one time, but some of the options I listed should make it.

Narrow Gauge:
Sir Handel
Blue Brake Van
Brown Brake Van
Skarloey starter set

N Scale:
James (possibly)
Thomas starter set with Annie and Clarabel

Hopefully, at least SOME of these get announced at the 2020 Toy Fair.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Yeah, but remember it is just going to be whatever Mattel orders them to make. ::)

TrainFan97

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 03, 2019, 05:05:18 AM
Yeah, but remember it is just whatever Mattel orders them to make. ::)

You think I don't know that?
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 03, 2019, 05:05:18 AM
Yeah, but remember it is just whatever Mattel orders them to make. ::)
Considering the Thomas & Friends brand is still losing money as of Mattels second quarter reports a week or so ago, they better think wisely about what "orders" they make, brand-wide and not just Bachmann.

https://news.mattel.com/news/mattel-reports-second-quarter-2019-financial-results

QuoteInfant, Toddler and Preschool category Gross Sales down 13% as reported, and down 11% in constant currency; Fisher-PriceĀ® and Thomas & FriendsĀ® Gross Sales down 6% as reported, and down 4% in constant currency.

thesplendidredengine5

HO
Stanley (with moving eyes)
Red express coaches
Red express brake coach

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel
Duncan

N Scale
James
Gordon