Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 16, 2019, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcon the 2nd

Duncan is renowned for having one of the worst CGI renders in recent years and as a result, most users have agreed overtime that Bachmann should hold off on him for as long as they can (which they have). Hopefully if they decide on making him, the original series model can be used as a basis so sales would be better otherwise.

For now, a lot of us are asking for Sir Handel since his basis Sir Haydn finished refurbishment over a year ago and Peter Sam has been announced last month.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

AndySandy

My list would simply be only a Bachmann Stepney, He would just be such an AMAZING model and one I'd pay any price for, either that or an N scale Henry

Legomastr 365

Who I want to see for 2020:

HO:

-Stepney

-Red Express Coaches (you've made them before, I don't think it would be too hard to dampen the red paint you use for James into a maroon color)

-Beige branch line coaches (basically Annie and Clarabel but with no face. Very season 1 style.

HOon30 Narrow Gauge:

-Sir Handel

-Red and Blue Brake Van

N Scale:

-James

-Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel starter set

Falcon the 2nd

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the Bachmann Online Store now an N Scale Thomas section with placeholder listings for the current slate of products. Prices have still not been decided yet.

https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=756_1126&zenid=hfl7uokes3ple4gf63l2qs02a7
Wishlists:

Sodor Engineer

One thing I would love to see on the N scale Thomas and friends line is that they get Clarabel's window right just like the Tomix N scale got right.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Falcon the 2nd

Does anyone have any particular idea on when the Narrow Gauge coaches will ship? TrainWorld says preorders are due in two weeks, but chances are it may not be an accurate shipment date.
Wishlists:

Kemptown Branch

At the NMRA Show I was told they would ship early December.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Falcon the 2nd

Quote from: TrainMan2001 on September 14, 2019, 04:12:29 PM
At the NMRA Show I was told they would ship early December.
Thanks for responding. I had a small feeling that'd be the case since Rheneas was released within the same month two years back.
Wishlists:

JLK2707

Do you think it would just be possible for bachmann to release Henry in his old shape in 2020?

TrainFan97

Quote from: JLK2707 on September 19, 2019, 06:37:42 AM
Do you think it would just be possible for bachmann to release Henry in his old shape in 2020?

Old Shape Henry is another topic that's been discussed countless times over the years. No, Bachmann doesn't usually do tooling changes because it costs a lot more than paint changes.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TerencetheTractor525

Additionally, the Old Shape Henry only appeared in Season 1. Bachmann has stated that they would not make products that require new toolings that only appeared in one season. Hence, announcing a highly sought after engine like Stepney for 2020 would make much more sense ;).
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

Sodor Engineer

So my last list was not a real list for 2020 so here is my real list for 2020.
HO SCALE
  Stepney
  Stanley(ONLY IF Stepney does NOT get released)
  LBSC Thomas(ONLY IF Stepney does NOT get released)
HO SCALE ROLLING STOCK
  tar tanker
  red express composite coach
  red express brake coach(they would look super cool with Stepney)
Like I said last time I know that Bachmann don't do any more train set for the HO range but I will give you my Idea for a 2020 train set.
HO SCALE TRAIN SET
  I have not come up with a name for the train set yet but it would come with celebration Thomas(or an LBSC Thomas) and some special cargo cars
NARROW GAUGE
  red brake van
  blue brake van
  narrow gauge train set
N SCALE
  Thomas and friends starter set
LARGE SCALE
  LBSC Thomas
That all I have come up with hope you enjoy. :)

GordonPacific04

Harvey would be an interesting character for bachmann to make.

Sodor Engineer

Harvey would look so cool I would buy him if they made him but I think his arm would breach NMRA standers.

Sodor Engineer

One really cool character to see in 2020 would be Winston he is seen in the show a lot and is a very iconic character

Bachmann has already made a G scale Winston and he does not have the moving eyes
so all Bachmann has to do is scale it down to HO scale

Bachmann could use there Wickham trolley tooling just some small changes

what do you guys think  :) thanks for reading,
 thomas fan.