Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 16, 2019, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronniethe14xxx

Probably too small to put the eye mech in tho, it would be pretty small too. Would be cool tho

Streak

Quote from: thomas fan on September 24, 2019, 11:16:25 AM
One really cool character to see in 2020 would be Winston he is seen in the show a lot and is a very iconic character

Bachmann has already made a G scale Winston and he does not have the moving eyes
so all Bachmann has to do is scale it down to HO scale

Bachmann could use there Wickham trolley tooling just some small changes

what do you guys think  :) thanks for reading,
  thomas fan.
Quote from: Ronniethe14xxx on September 24, 2019, 07:20:53 PM
Probably too small to put the eye mech in tho, it would be pretty small too. Would be cool tho

To be fair, the Large Scale Winston doesn't have moving eyes either. An HO Scale Winston would be pretty small but it's been shown he doesn't need the moving eyes.

Chaz

I think the only reason why Winston has not been considered for HO scale is because of his small size.  Even if you slap a "14+" label on the corner of the package it probably wouldn't be enough to convince Mattel to pull off Winston due to possibly being a choking hazard.  Same reason why we won't be getting HO/OO scale accurate figures anytime soon.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Sodor Engineer

Yeah I will have to agree with you there Chaz.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Streak

I guess I'll post my predictions/want list for next year's announcements then cause I don't believe I did after the sudden Daisy and Peter Sam announcement months ago.

Personally I think we will get announcements in February next year but unless they really simple recolors, they won't be out till 2021.

For HO Scale, of course Stepney and Ryan are the hot ticket picks. Stepney would be great for the 75th and Ryan would go great with Daisy. I feel it could really go either way. It's that close.

I would really love Stanley cause he's my fav character but until Stepney or Ryan get made, I don't see him being in the running anytime soon. Same goes for other characters like Nia, Rebecca, Philip, etc. (Also maybe LBSC Thomas as a recolor)

As for rolling stock, I predict red express coaches rerelease and other recolors like brown Mail Van and hopefully the Toffee Tanker in HO finally.

Going on to Narrow Gauge, I could predict Sir Handel but I feel they may take a break from NG engines and just do rolling stock. I'm predicting NG Brake Vans and maybe a Green NG Coach (like my concept) if lucky.

As for the N Scale range, maybe we could get a new announcement like James or a Starter Set, but we haven't even seen the N Scale products yet so I'm holding off on those. Same with Large Scale as it's still in a real weird place rn.

Anyways, those are my predictions for now. May change them in the future. Idk. Tried to be conservative in case they barely have any announcements next year.

Toad139

I was feeling inspired after seeing Streak's Stepney concept on Twitter, so I guess I'll give my opinions on what I would like to see from Bachmann next year.

Stepney is an obvious choice, I'm not gonna go into to much detail because it has all been said on here before. I just want to see a new Bachmann engine based on the classic model series.

Rolling stock is hard to predict because we will probably just get more repaints. Despite this, I would love to see the Well Wagon return with an actual load, in a similar fashion to what they did with the flatbed and RF Container Wagon. However, Bachmann is probably gonna wait to see how those new wagons sell before announcing another similar product.

Red Express Coaches will probably return depended how well the new green ones sold. I would imagine they would have an updated livery. I wouldn't mind that, although I still prefer the Maroon and Cream color scheme of the Season 6-12 coaches.

I don't expect any big narrow gauge announcements considering Peter Sam has already been announced. However maybe we will be surprised because it's the 75th anniversary. One thing I hope we see, however, are Brake Vans. They are very long overdue, and are essential on any train. Green Coaches would also be nice, but what I said about the Well Wagon probably apply here as well.

Well, those were my thoughts. I may change my opinions in the future or come up with more ideas, but this is what I would like to see for now. Feel free to tell me what you think, and I look forward to reading other predictions.

GordonPacific04

I want to see more resin buildings. Especially Tidmouth Hault. I know it would never happen, but if it did, I would be the first to preorder.

Sodor Engineer

Ronniethe14xxx

Hopefully the resin range isn't just, dead. We haven't got a new resin product in years. And now some pieces of resin buildings are being discontinued

Sodor Engineer

It's so sad I really hope that Bachmann will make a new resin building soon.

GordonPacific04

Toad139

From what I've heard, resin buildings typically sell better in the UK market. It there would be anytime to introduce more, it would be soon, considering there range will be launching there within the next year or two.

Ã…ngloketThomas

Stuff I whould love to see Bachmann make is more of the narrow gauge engines, it's nice they already released trhee! Hope to see Sir Handel or Peter Sam or something soon! :) and BoCo, but I guess the chance of seeing him may be slim... But as many said, Stepney whould be nice to see from Bachmann!

Kemptown Branch

Peter Sam was announced during the summer.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

GordonPacific04