Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 16, 2019, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Trainboy 48 on December 06, 2019, 03:01:48 PM
Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on December 06, 2019, 11:49:11 AM
Quote from: Trainboy 48 on December 06, 2019, 06:28:16 AM
Well Cranky has a plastic chain so I don't see why can't they do the same to Harvey.
That's not what I said. It doesn't matter what it's made out of, an HO Scale model of Harvey would be too small for a business like Bachmann to make have a functional, raising and lowering hook and chain, either for costs purposes or because of functionality. It would just be attached to the arm and never raise or lower. Also, like Chaz said, his arm doesn't move up or down on the show or on his basis, thus he's be too tall for most people's layouts. To be honest, even though he has a real world basis that looks like that, I still wouldn't be surprised if the NMRA has a standard that blocks any model of that type of locomotive from being made.
Ok but does it matter if they made his arm fictional or not the company is now working also working in the UK so they should have enough budgets to produce new products and another thing how is he that small to make, are you comparing to like his other merchandises or what?
First, nothing about Harvey's design is made-up, the real world engine has the same crane arm: https://ttte.fandom.com/wiki/Harvey

Second, the NMRA makes standards for model railroad companies to follow, and if the basis' crane arm happened to break a standard, they wouldn't be allowed to make the model.

Third, have you ever seen an HO Scale locomotive in person? There's no room for a motor to run the arm and crane to fit in there.

Finally, you need to chill. I have no idea why you're so worked up over the idea that he more than likely can't be made, but getting worked up about it isn't going to change that.

Trainboy 48

Well sorry if I'm overwhelmed, I just can't help but imagine and dream who will be in high demand cuz I wanna see a really cool engine and not a overpaint one that all of us would love to see.
Wishlist for Bachmann to make HO Scale Engines: Sidney, Samson and Porter.
Wishlist for Bachmann to make Narrow Gauge Engines: Victor and Mille.

TTL

Well Cranky has a plastic chain so I don't see why can't they do the same to Harvey.
That's not what I said. It doesn't matter what it's made out of, an HO Scale model of Harvey would be too small for a business like Bachmann to make have a functional, raising and lowering hook and chain, either for costs purposes or because of functionality. It would just be attached to the arm and never raise or lower. Also, like Chaz said, his arm doesn't move up or down on the show or on his basis, thus he's be too tall for most people's layouts. To be honest, even though he has a real world basis that looks like that, I still wouldn't be surprised if the NMRA has a standard that blocks any model of that type of locomotive from being made.
Ok but does it matter if they made his arm fictional or not the company is now working also working in the UK so they should have enough budgets to produce new products and another thing how is he that small to make, are you comparing to like his other merchandises or what?
Most of what you said has already been covered, but still, you do know that just cause they're releasing in the UK, they still don't have a massive budget yet right? The UK releases are going to be getting new packaging and are having small details like the lamp irons removed. This is because where as here and most other countries, it's marketed as 8+, in the UK it'll be 3+, meaning they have to conform the age standards set for that age.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: STL on December 06, 2019, 06:41:06 PM
Most of what you said has already been covered, but still, you do know that just cause they're releasing in the UK, they still don't have a massive budget yet right? The UK releases are going to be getting new packaging and are having small details like the lamp irons removed. This is because where as here and most other countries, it's marketed as 8+, in the UK it'll be 3+, meaning they have to conform the age standards set for that age.

Wait, but the Hornby models had lamp irons. Unless those got removed in later reissues?

TrainFan97

Harvey is in the same boat as Diesel 10, another character who's problematic for the NMRA standards. As cool as they sound, the chance of being made is incredibly slim to none.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TrainshockeylifE

Well we are nearing the new year and the February announcements. Well here are my predictions:
HO Engines:
Stepney
Diesel 10 (I know it's not likely but I feel that Bachmann would do this since it's such a huge anniversary)

HO Rolling Stock:
Old Slow Coach
Red Express Composite Coach
Red Express Brake Coach

Narrow Gauge Locomotives:
Sir Handle

Narrow Gauge Rolling Stock:
Red Coaches
Red Brake Van
Blue Brake Van

Hopefully these will be released but I can't wait to see Peter Sam! Happy Holidays!

Zekeism

I didn't realize that Toby got a paint job.
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

GordonPacific04

I wouldn't really be surprised if we didn't get any characters announced for 2020. Daisy and peter Sam are already gonna get released next year, (or the next, you never know with Bachmann.) and tbh that's all I really need. Im just hoping that we at least see some images of their models. I'm expecting some recolored rolling stock, maybe a new non-rail character, but that's it., I'd love to be wrong, my I'm keeping my expectations to a minimum.

Trainboy 48

Wishlist for Bachmann to make HO Scale Engines: Sidney, Samson and Porter.
Wishlist for Bachmann to make Narrow Gauge Engines: Victor and Mille.

Rodimus Supreme

If we get anything next year, I could potentially see Stepney, some recolored rolling stock, reissued Red Express Coaches with slightly different paint (as in, just a yellow stripe), Maybe going ahead and announcing Sir Handel as well as Narrow Gauge Brake Vans, and perhaps something for the new N Scale line. If I had to come up with an ideal "75th Aniiversary Celebration" lineup, I think I'd go with:

HO Scale:

-Stepney (with moving eyes).
-Troublesome Truck #7 (Season 1-style Troublesome Truck). (Possibly with removeable load).
-Old Mainline Coach
-Old Mainline Brake Coach (Season 1 Branchline Coaches pulled by Edward and Henry).
(Optional additions if budget allowed)
-Rickety.
-Fred Pelhay.

HOn30 Scale:

-Sir Handel.
-Brake Van - Red.
-Brake Van - Blue.
-Brake van - Brown.

Large Scale:
-Troublesome Truck #3 (Box Van).
-Henrietta.

N Scale:

-James.
-Sodor Tar Tanker.
-Express Composite Coach.
-Express Brake Coach.
(Third option if budget allowed)
-Sodor Milk Tanker.

Any combination of these would be a win, IMO.

Ronniethe14xxx

So for my 2020 HO wish list, it's the same as most, the engine should be Stepney. He would be the best choice, it should be Stepney. Stanley and Ryan would be other cool engines to be announced, but I don't think they should be announced next year over Stepney.
Hopefully we do get some more rolling stock announcements but I feel like it's unlikely. But if we do, first of all Bachmann should rerelease the Tar Tanker and Red Express Coaches. In terms of other easy to make rolling stock, Hannah would be a simple recolor. Maybe also rerelease Henrietta but with a face. If we do get any new rolling stock, I want it to be a crane. I doubt it'll ever happen though. Rocky is probably too big but maybe they could make Judy and Jerome work. Although they would probably too expensive to make to be worth it.
For the 75th anniversary, maybe we could get more non-rail vehicles as well. Trevor, Bulgy, Captain, Butch, etc all would be nice to have on the layout. Big Mickey would be amazing to have as a model, but probably not the be the most cost effective model to make.
For resin buildings, well they seem to basically be, none existent. It's unlikely we'll get any more but if we did, and since it is the 75th anniversary, Ffarquhar station would be amazing.
I don't expect most of these to be announced next year, these are just my general wish lists for future Bachmann products. Hopefully we get at least a few of these revealed next year though. 

liljakejake250

This doesn't really have much to do with the subject in this thread. However, I figured you guys would know. So I've only just started collecting Thomas an Friends and my first locomotive I got was Mavis. However, I noticed that on the top and on the side plates, there were scuff marks on her finish right out of the box. Is this kind of stuff normal for Bachmann or what? Let me know what y'all think. Thanks!

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: liljakejake250 on December 31, 2019, 10:58:49 AM
This doesn't really have much to do with the subject in this thread. However, I figured you guys would know. So I've only just started collecting Thomas an Friends and my first locomotive I got was Mavis. However, I noticed that on the top and on the side plates, there were scuff marks on her finish right out of the box. Is this kind of stuff normal for Bachmann or what? Let me know what y'all think. Thanks!
If you knew this thread wasn't the right topic, you should've posted this in the appropriate thread. The Everything Thomas Thread is likely the best option for this question.

TrainFan97

Now that it's officially 2020, I can say Daisy should be coming sometime this year. Hopefully, Peter Sam can also get released by the end of this year.

We should soon get a fully-painted reveal of the first N Scale models, but it's also possible they may not get revealed until the 2020 catalog gets released. I'm hoping for Daisy's image to appear in the catalog as well.

We got the Toy Fair announcements to look forward to next month.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Redesigned TAR tanker wagons would just look cool! :) or maybe just a rereleased Salty! :)