Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 16, 2019, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonPacific04

Personally, I don't think we're gonna get much announced this year for HO scale because I really think they're gonna try to push the N scale stuff this year

Not what I want, but what I THINK is gonna be announced.

-reintroduction of salty
-brown mail cars
-Classic Tar Tankers return
-red express coaches return
-Trevor

While salty and the red express coaches wouldn't be all that great to me, (I already have them) they are very highly requested. I expect recolored rolling stock every year now, so I see Tar tankers making a return. I can also see them replacing the green mail car getting replaced with brown ones, considering they didn't get the updated packaging yet and they actually exist in the show. Trevor, because the last time they had a non rail character was Jeremy in 2014.

Speaking of the new packaging, I haven't seen bill, Ben, or mavis with the newer packaging yet, but that doesn't mean they're gonna get discontinued. I only said it for the green mail car because it's just rolling stock and they could've used the normal mail car packaging.

TrainshockeylifE

Hey everyone, will the new announcements be at the NMRA show or will they be earlier than that?

Chaz

We'll most likely be getting new announcements at Toy Fair every year as per usual.  Probably not much though considering we are still waiting on the new N scale range and Daisy and Peter Sam got announced last summer.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TrainshockeylifE

I saw that Chaz posted a picture of Bachmann replying to a tweet about the original Thomas saying, "I don't want to give too much away but you may be seeing some green in our 2020 catalog when it comes out 😉".

Zekeism

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on January 16, 2020, 01:42:55 PM
I saw that Chaz posted a picture of Bachmann replying to a tweet about the original Thomas saying, "I don't want to give too much away but you may be seeing some green in our 2020 catalog when it comes out 😉".

I think they are hinting at Daisy and Peter Sam if I'm honest, but who knows I could be wrong haha?
Proud Bachmann Thomas Collector.

TrainshockeylifE

That's true but why would they reply to something that has nothing to deal with them?

Chaz

Quote from: Zekeism on January 16, 2020, 01:47:35 PM

I think they are hinting at Daisy and Peter Sam if I'm honest, but who knows I could be wrong haha?

They wouldn't hint at Daisy and Peter Sam like that since they were both announced/confirmed last year at the NMRA.

TrainshockeylifE

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Chaz on January 16, 2020, 02:02:26 PM
Quote from: Zekeism on January 16, 2020, 01:47:35 PM

They wouldn't hint at Daisy and Peter Sam like that since they were both announced/confirmed last year at the NMRA.
So...something new this way comes?

TrainshockeylifE

Just got an email back from Bachmann and they said that aren't going to have any new announcements till the NMRA Convention in July.

thomasj219

There will be announcements next month for the catalog. Unless they shifted all thomas announcements which is unlikely.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

TrainFan97

Sounds like Bachmann won't be making announcements at the Toy Fair anymore, and will instead announce products at the NMRA in July from now on.

But what about a product to celebrate the 75th Anniversary? Unless that won't come until 2021.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on January 17, 2020, 11:29:15 AM
Just got an email back from Bachmann and they said that aren't going to have any new announcements till the NMRA Convention in July.

I find it funny how some people are so quick to believe this but got skeptical over the screenshot hinting the green Thomas, and that presented evidence within itself making it a lot more believable.  ::)

Doug confirmed with me about a month ago that there will be announcements in 2020 at Toy Fair as usual.  Everyone can calm down now.

TrainFan97

Thank you for clearing this up, Chaz.

There was no need to spread any rumors about there being no announcements next month. I believed it at first, but the rumor was wrong. Though, it did sound believable, saying it was an email from Bachmann.

I didn't know there was a screenshot hinting the LBSC Thomas possibly coming to HO Scale. Just like how Celebration Thomas celebrated the 70th Anniversary five years ago, the Green (LBSC) Thomas would be the model to celebrate the 75th Anniversary this year, and I think that Thomas repaint would be better received than Celebration Thomas was. If we get Green Thomas, that would beg the question if we were to get Black James as well at some point, so we'd have both of the special recolors from The Adventure Begins.

I'll stay tuned for next month.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.