Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 16, 2019, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedyarbrough

Bachmann,
Since the large scale Thomas set is sold out, and many stores have no or limited inventory of large scale Thomas (particularly Annie and Clarabel), any chance of those being run again?
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

TrainshockeylifE

Quote from: Chaz on January 17, 2020, 10:54:16 PM
Quote from: TrainshockeylifE on January 17, 2020, 11:29:15 AM
Just got an email back from Bachmann and they said that aren't going to have any new announcements till the NMRA Convention in July.

I find it funny how some people are so quick to believe this but got skeptical over the screenshot hinting the green Thomas, and that presented evidence within itself making it a lot more believable.  ::)

Doug confirmed with me about a month ago that there will be announcements in 2020 at Toy Fair as usual.  Everyone can calm down now.

It's an email I got from Bachmann sales, I'll even post a video of a screen recording to show it's real? Why would I just make it up?

Cheeky_ULP

The fact of the matter is that no matter who says what, these "emails" are unconfirmed and lack any proof. To add to the matter, if people on the forum really are emailing Bachmann reps and higher ups, then the contents of the email should be considered under a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and thus posting the emails or even talking about their contents is violating said NDA, so any further discussion of them is just going to look poorly on the members bringing them up. Point is, this needs to stop because nobody is proving anything and it's going nowhere.

The only actual thing worth talking about right now is a screencap making the rounds on Twitter of the Bachmann Twitter account replying to a post hoping Bachmann makes the LBSC Thomas and Black James. The post however, is not in Bachmanns current Twitter replies, so the screencap is either forged, or Bachmann deleted the post. The screencap in question hints that LBSC Thomas is on the table, but doesn't acknowledge Black James. Take that as you will.

TrainshockeylifE

The email was from their sales department not any higher up people from the company.

TrainFan97

Time for me to update my predictions for next month's announcements:

HO Scale:
Stepney or Ryan (possibly)
Thomas - Green
James - Black (possibly)
Explosives Van
Tar Tanker (possibly)
Red Express Coach
Red Express Brake Coach

Narrow Gauge:
Brake Van - Blue
Brake Van - Red
Brake Van - Brown

N Scale:
James
Milk Tanker
Fuel Tanker
Mail Car
Brake Van
Starter Set with Thomas, Annie and Clarabel

Announced in 2019, but arriving later this year are Daisy, Troublesome Truck #6, the 1-Plank Wagons, and Peter Sam. Let's not forget about the N Scale launch.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TM24

Bachmann should release the last two remaining standard gauge Awdry characters, Stepney and BoCo. It would complete all the main engines from seasons 1-4. With about half of the Skarloey Railway engines released, Sir Handel, Duncan, and Duke make sense to create and release in the near future. That would complete the entire Skarloey railway cast of season 4. Seeing how 2020 is the 75th anniversary of the Railway Series, a LBSC and black James would make an excellent combo to release as well.

Some rolling stock I would like to see created or brought back includes the discontinued Red express coaches, the Breakdown train, the gunpowder truck, and the green Skarloey railway coaches.

TrainFan97

Sir Handel probably wouldn't get announced until at least sometime soon after Peter Sam gets released, but I'd love to be wrong. After Sir Handel, Bachmann eventually would have to make Duncan.

Even though people did express disinterest in Bachmann making Duncan for HOn30 Scale, especially after Rusty was made based on his CGI render, it's possible Bachmann could still make Duncan with the proportions of Douglas. The CGI Narrow Gauge coaches also had a bad render, but when Bachmann made the Narrow Gauge Red Carriages, they actually looked like Talyllyn coaches. Rusty's case was a bit complicated. We'd all welcome Duncan as long as he has the proportions of Douglas. I think Bachmann should consider making Duncan after Sir Handel.

Not sure if I'd expect Bachmann to make Duke anytime soon, but if Bachmann makes BoCo in HO Scale, another character who hasn't appeared in the show for over 20 years, maybe Duke would be more possible. I won't bet on him, though. Luke definitely has a better shot, since he's a CGI character.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

sean1994rail

my final prediction for 2020:

HO/OO
LBSC Thomas
James (Black)
Stepney
Reintroduced Salty
Fred Pelhay
Rickety
Explosives Van
Flying Kipper Van
Chocolate Syrup Tanker
Toffee Tanker
Sodor China Clay Wagon (With China Clay Load)
Hopper Wagon - Blue Mountain Quarry (With Slate Load)
Hopper Wagon - Ffarquhar Quarry Compamy (With Stone Load)
Hopper Wagon - Arlesdale Ballast Company (With Ballast Load)

HOn30/OO9
Narrow Gauge Brake Van - Red
Narrow Gauge Brake Van - Blue
Narrow Gauge Brake Van - Brown
Narrow Gauge Green Coach
Narrow Gauge Blue Mountain Quarry Wagon - Blue
Narrow Gauge Blue Mountain Quarry Wagon - Red
Narrow Gauge Blue Mountain Quarry Wagon - Green

TTL

Quote from: TrainFan97 on January 25, 2020, 02:33:40 AM
Sir Handel probably wouldn't get announced until at least sometime soon after Peter Sam gets released, but I'd love to be wrong. After Sir Handel, Bachmann eventually would have to make Duncan.

Even though people did express disinterest in Bachmann making Duncan for HOn30 Scale, especially after Rusty was made based on his CGI render, it's possible Bachmann could still make Duncan with the proportions of Douglas. The CGI Narrow Gauge coaches also had a bad render, but when Bachmann made the Narrow Gauge Red Carriages, they actually looked like Talyllyn coaches. Rusty's case was a bit complicated. We'd all welcome Duncan as long as he has the proportions of Douglas. I think Bachmann should consider making Duncan after Sir Handel.

Not sure if I'd expect Bachmann to make Duke anytime soon, but if Bachmann makes BoCo in HO Scale, another character who hasn't appeared in the show for over 20 years, maybe Duke would be more possible. I won't bet on him, though. Luke definitely has a better shot, since he's a CGI character.
The thing is though, Bachmann can really do whatever they want with the rolling stock of the NG range. So know people would rather buy accurate 009 versions of Talyllyn coaches 1-2 and 4, over some bodged CGI model version. And the fact that Mattel only really has input on the engines, not the rolling stock.
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

TrainFan97

So you're saying Mattel allows Bachmann to do whatever they want with the rolling stock, while Mattel only has control over the engines?

Does that mean the chance of Duncan being made with the proportions of Douglas isn't likely?

TTL

Quote from: TrainFan97 on January 27, 2020, 06:45:27 PM
So you're saying Mattel allows Bachmann to do whatever they want with the rolling stock, while Mattel only has control over the engines?

Does that mean the chance of Duncan being made with the proportions of Douglas isn't likely?
It's up in the air really
Need me some Sir Handel and more Talyllyn stock.

TrainFan97

Rodimus Supreme

Mattel owns the brand, they control everything. If Bachmann was given free reign to do whatever they wanted with the rolling stock, we wouldn't be getting these lazy, mediocre/outright ugly repaints. I have no idea where you guys are getting that Mattel doesn't/can't tell Bachmann what to do with the rolling stock, but they can with the engines.  ???

TrainshockeylifE

But we did get the log cars and also Spiteful breakvan.

Ronniethe14xxx

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on January 29, 2020, 12:05:48 PM
Mattel owns the brand, they control everything. If Bachmann was given free reign to do whatever they wanted with the rolling stock, we wouldn't be getting these lazy, mediocre/outright ugly repaints. I have no idea where you guys are getting that Mattel doesn't/can't tell Bachmann what to do with the rolling stock, but they can with the engines.  ???
Pretty sure most of the repaints where Bachmann's decisions to get the most out of the molds and not Mattel's? Why would Mattel request things like the Water tanker, the scrap wagon, the logging flatbed, etc. Just doesn't make much sense really. Obviously Mattel does have some influence, but I don't think blaming them for the repaints, or at least most of them, is the right call.