Bachmann Thomas & Friends in 2020

Started by TerencetheTractor525, February 16, 2019, 09:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaz

Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on February 01, 2020, 04:08:14 PM
Then why did the guy that took this video not show them? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGg7k3egXhM

Probably because he either missed them or for some reason they weren't there.  There is clearly another Bachmann sign to the right of the image of Thomas as shown here:

So my best guess is, the person filming probably just accidentally skipped Annie and Clarabel while filming.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Chaz on February 01, 2020, 05:27:24 PM
Quote from: Rodimus Supreme on February 01, 2020, 04:08:14 PM
Then why did the guy that took this video not show them? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGg7k3egXhM

Probably because he either missed them or for some reason they weren't there.  There is clearly another Bachmann sign to the right of the image of Thomas as shown here:

So my best guess is, the person filming probably just accidentally skipped Annie and Clarabel while filming.
...That's exactly what I was saying. That they weren't there. And if they were there, he wouldn't have missed them if they were right there in front of him.

Chaz

All I am doing just making an observation of why I feel they were not shown in the video, it's possible that them weren't there but it's also possible too that the person recording the video accidentally skipped them again given by the fact that there is very clearly another Bachmann sign right by Thomas as I explained to you twice in my last two posts.  The fact is, is that we don't know unless if we see the full display, which again we didn't since the video clearly missed something that was right there besides Thomas.  

Regardless, you really need to calm down, especially when this is not that big of a deal.  We'll probably have pictures of the whole range posted by Bachmann sometime later this month once the catalog is out, by then I would imagine we would have a good look at Annie and Clarabel by then.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: Chaz on February 02, 2020, 04:31:44 AM
All I am doing just making an observation of why I feel they were not shown in the video, it's possible that them weren't there but it's also possible too that the person recording the video accidentally skipped them again given by the fact that there is very clearly another Bachmann sign right by Thomas as I explained to you twice in my last two posts.  The fact is, is that we don't know unless if we see the full display, which again we didn't since the video clearly missed something that was right there besides Thomas.  

Regardless, you really need to calm down, especially when this is not that big of a deal.  We'll probably have pictures of the whole range posted by Bachmann sometime later this month once the catalog is out, by then I would imagine we would have a good look at Annie and Clarabel by then.
What you're explaining doesn't make sense. If they were there, then the guy recording would have to be pretty dumb to not see them sitting right next to Thomas or sitting anywhere nearby if they weren't on the shelf. I was already stating that they weren't there, but you seem to be arguing the same exact point. The only difference between what you're saying and what I'm saying is that I'm speculating and hoping that maybe Bachmann are reworking their scale so that they're not so big, but you're skipping over that part. It seems you're trying to argue the exact same thing I'm trying to say. The only person who needs to "calm down" here is you.

thomasj219

As has been proven many times on this thread, people can very certainly be dumb.

It's entirely possible he just didn't record them. As there is another tag there that is clearly not for Percy or the trucks so odds are it's for them.

And he's skipping over that part because it's obviously not true, they are not being resized.

And he is definitely not arguing the same thing you were trying to say. As much as you try to make it seem that way.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Falcon the 2nd

(Repost)
I'll mainly stick with options that seem cost-effective for my defined expectations this month.

HO Scale:
-LBSC Thomas
-Tar Tanker
-Red Express Coaches

Narrow Gauge:
-Brake Vans

N Scale:
-James
-Thomas starter set

Large Scale:
-James/Toby/Emily with DDC

Stepney and Sir Handel would be saved for this year's NMRA announcements since we still have a long way to go with the already anticipated Daisy and Peter Sam.

Upon seeing the recently posted footage/photos of Thomas and Percy's painted N Scale models, I can say that Bachmann is still mainly on the right track (pun kinda intended) with their new line. I'm still eager to buy both of them whenever it's in my capability and like most others, I would still love to see James confirmed at some point. It'll be fine if he doesn't show up this month and is also saved for NMRA, though a sooner confirmation would be convenient.

Large Scale has been in a pretty rough spot for countless years and even though it's a difficult line to discuss, it deserves at least a little something this year. No new engines or pieces of rolling stock have been financially viable, so equipping DCC to any/all of the three other existing engines is welcomed. If any new engine/R.S. were to be announced, LBSC Thomas and the Red Coaches are still among the more reasonable picks. Options like Mavis and Henrietta will continue to be held off for the long run until enough money is at hand for producing them.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Trainboy 48

Here are my final thoughts:

HO Scale
Ryan
Explosives Van

Narrow Gauge
Sir Handel
Green NG coaches

G Scale
Henrietta or Mail Vans
Wishlist for Bachmann to make HO Scale Engines: Sidney, Samson and Porter.
Wishlist for Bachmann to make Narrow Gauge Engines: Victor and Mille.

Chaz

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Don't know if anyone had proposed this, but what if we get an N scale Bertie or Harold, which would then constitute a deluxe set being made? (I'm omitting a figure of Sir Topham Hatt due to choking hazards).
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

TrainFan97

I'm glad Bachmann announced an N Scale Thomas Starter Set, so I'll have a convenient way to begin my N Scale Thomas collection. Once that becomes available, I can pick one up.

I still hope that someday, Bachmann would announce a Narrow Gauge Starter Set with Skarloey, so as to provide a more convenient way to begin a Narrow Gauge collection. Don't know if a Narrow Gauge set would be that important or not. We haven't even got brake vans yet.

Updating my predictions list again with more possible products:

HO Scale:
Thomas - Green
James - Black (possibly)
Ventilated Van - Explosives
Tar Tanker
Express Coach - Red
Express Brake Coach - Red

Narrow Gauge:
Guard's Van - Blue
Guard's Van - Red
Guard's Van - Brown
Carriage - Green

N Scale:

James
Various Rolling Stock

Looking forward to the announcements later this month. I didn't list an engine with a new tooling in HO Scale this time because Bachmann is currently working on Daisy. It's possible we may see Daisy's image in the 2020 catalog. Hoping for Daisy to get released sometime this year.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 06, 2020, 05:04:01 PM
I'm glad Bachmann announced an N Scale Thomas Starter Set, so I'll have a convenient way to begin my N Scale Thomas collection. Once that becomes available, I can pick one up.

I still hope that someday, Bachmann would announce a Narrow Gauge Starter Set with Skarloey, so as to provide a more convenient way to begin a Narrow Gauge collection. Don't know if a Narrow Gauge set would be that important or not. We haven't even got brake vans yet.

Updating my predictions list again with more possible products:

HO Scale:
Thomas - Green
James - Black (possibly)
Ventilated Van - Explosives
Tar Tanker
Express Coach - Red
Express Brake Coach - Red

Narrow Gauge:
Guard's Van - Blue
Guard's Van - Red
Guard's Van - Brown
Carriage - Green

N Scale:

James
Various Rolling Stock

Looking forward to the announcements next Friday, which is also Valentines Day. I didn't list an engine with a new tooling in HO Scale this time because Bachmann is currently working on Daisy. It's possible we may see Daisy's image in the 2020 catalog. Hoping for Daisy to get released sometime this year.
Toy Fair doesn't start until February 22nd this year. Either we'll get the announcements then, or the day before since some companies do some announcements the day before, usually during a breakfast event.

TrainFan97

So this year, the Toy Fair is later than usual, which means the announcements may not get posted until Friday the 21st, one week after Valentines Day.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TrainFan97 on February 06, 2020, 05:49:03 PM
So this year, the Toy Fair is later than usual, which means the announcements may not get posted until Friday the 21st, one week after Valentines Day.
That's what I said.

Falcon the 2nd

I see that the starter set we've been predicting for months has been confirmed ahead of Toy Fair! I will admit I'm way ahead on owning N Scale track as I already bought a couple of packs in anticipation of owning a Narrow Gauge engine.

Nonetheless, I still look forward to buying the Thomas starter set. It serves a convent way to get a collection started and there's always room for backup track on my end.
Wishlists:
HO Scale - Stepney, Tar Tanker
N Scale - Henry, Mavis, Milk Tanker, Brake Van

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Uhhh, guys?

https://twitter.com/traindude67/status/1226632837320847361?s=20

Well, here are my thoughts:

LBSC Thomas is genius and I will be getting one as a collector's item. Busy Bee James is weird and I really don't know how to feel about it. The new set seems unnecessary but eh. And the NG brake vans were inevitable. N scale James and the tankers are lovely. And Large Scale Diesel is amazing! What a comeback by Bachmann. Very pleased about these.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow