How To Ballast EZ TRACK Tutorial

Started by reggfx, February 17, 2019, 01:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reggfx

After much testing and thought, I wanted to share how I've found a way to Ballast EZ-TRACK without it looking like a powdery mess on your layout. For me this worked. Advise practice on a few tracts after watching my video. But my work around to Ballast EZ-TRACK in minutes will work.

Sharing this Video Tutorial I created:
https://youtu.be/5Vty0jGvN5E

IMPORTANT: One should only Ballast EZ Track after you are 100% Confident your layout is in place. Leave the sections you are unsure if they will change as unballasted. This video may not work for everyone, but I feel its the best simplist video out there that doesn't make EZ-TRACK look like a powder mess when ballasting EZ-TRACK.

Just trying to help out fellow modelers and save them some time.

Enjoy Everyone!

Kind Regards...

Trainman203

If you want truly realistic track you have to paint it before ballasting,  real track isn't shiny silver and black.  You can make painting as complicated or as simple as you want, but a spray can of flat dark brown will work wonders.  

It works best if you paint the track sections before putting them on the layout.  The railhead needs to remain unpainted for the train to run.  Some folks put a light coat of thin oil on the railhead so that the paint doesn't stick there, some don't.  Mask off the rail joiners and the rail area that receives them, and the switch point areas.  Spray paint the track and clean off the rail head.

Now you can install the track.  At this point, touch up the unpainted places with a brush after the track sections are joined.  THEN ballast, and enjoy your realistic track.