News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Track Turnout Problem

Started by boatwiser, February 24, 2019, 05:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boatwiser

Hello,

Just started back into railroading in N scale.  I had a simple oval layout that worked fine.  I just installed one EZ track turnout.  Now the train will not run correctly or stop before the turnout or halfway around the oval.  The turnout has a metal frog.  My transformer's overload light comes on also.  When I change the direction of the turnout the train trys to run again but fails and the and the transformers overload light comes on again - Please help - What am I missing here?

James in FL

Early EZ track turnouts used to be power routing, I don't know if they still are.
Think in terms that your turnout is a "y".
Your power supply input must be at the bottom of the "y".

Good luck

boatwiser

Thanks for your response.  Late last night I finally figured it out. I removed the plate on the bottom of the switch to discover that they are power routing.  The power wiring was reversed for the position of the turnout.  I just reversed the contacts by moving the little gear about 180 degrees that moves the track and there you go - works like a charm now. Someone in China needs to pay a little more attention! 

ftauss

I found that in the main, the non # turnouts need to have the bottom plate removed and the mechanism adjusted.