News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

So if G scale is down then

Started by mickeykelley, February 24, 2019, 10:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mickeykelley

I keep reading about G scale being way down, which I don't doubt with manufactures going out of business, out of G or not producing much in the way of new.  With that said are existing items we own going up in value?  I occasionally look at Trainsonline just for the heck if it and they still have some of the later Climax engines.  Seems like they have had them for a ton of years.  I had to have gotten mine 4+ years ago and I don't think it was when they first came out. Did they just buy a ton of them and get stuck, or are they being inventoried by Bachmann?

For me life has gotten in the way of trains, I barely got my outside layout done then life got in the way.  Now we've decided to downsize and semi-retire to Durango.  So as I am starting to pack everything up for possible 2 years of storage, I'm trying to decide if I will get to mess with them in Colorado or not.  And with the wild elk, deer, turkeys and bears on the land we bought, an outdoor layout may just not be smart and I won't have the room inside for a layout.  I had my share of dogs, critters, and one time a cow, on the current one.  That does get old.

zubi

Mickey, I do not think that G scale is down, by far not! Of course, a lot depends on how you define the scope of G-scale. But I wish I had the money to keep up with the new releases by KISS and LGB. Tons of wonderful stuff!! Not to mention live steam from Accucraft and Roundhouse, I am behind with that too. Sure, the market changed and keeps changing but G-scale (anywhere between 1:16 to 1:24) is doing pretty well considering the sad state of the planet and humanity.
For me too life got in a way of keeping up with the train hobby, but hopefully, things will get back on track soon;-). Great to hear that you are moving to Durango, I have been there once and can hardly think of a more inspiring place to keep focused on the hobby. If you do not plan an outdoor layout, there are a few people around there who have layouts, the hobby is best enjoyed in the company of others! Best wishes from Tokyo, Zubi