Conductor, Brakeman, Engineer????

Started by jesse, February 17, 2007, 01:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesse

If I were a betting man, I'd say the fellow that owns this house is a retired railroad man.....or maybe works for Bachmann ???

Jesse

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

HOplasserem80c

thats not weird i know a guy who lives in his baldwin baby face

ben_not_benny

SteamGene

It could  be part of one.  Check Model Railroader; there is a company in Pennsylvania which sells them. 
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

lanny

Jesse,

Thanks for that photo. One thing for sure, the guy that lives there must have a fair amount of 'discretionary funds' at his disposal ... or ... he has to be making some hefty monthly house payments!

Very unique ... I would guess he has had more than one ride in a caboose! :-)

lanny nicolet  (PS) I wonder what the front boiler section including steps, headlight, smoke stack, pilot, airpumps, etc. from an ICRR 2600 series 4-8-2 would cost build and to add to my house :-)
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler

jesse

Where I live here at Lake Sam Rayburn, I would not see much of a problem, but I just wonder how many battles he had to fight with the neighbors, and the zoning commission...food for thought.

Jesse

cprailhomodeltrainenginop

i have been in ho model railroad for the last 10 years so i have been a engineer  on my train set for the last 11 years.this has been quite a experience.

chucknlead

That looks like an apartment building............ ???
Choooooo----------Choooooooo

jesse

I was thinking perhaps a Condo.  i doubt if an apartment management would allow that....unless the apartment owner residers there.
Jesse

Chris R

If it is part of a real caboose, it must have been modified, because some things aren't the same as the real thing, like the brake wheel pointed to the outside.
-Chris R

Matthew (OV)

"Conductor Engine 6614, three cars to a stop.  Two cars to a stop.  One car to a stop ... That's good 6614, stop.  6614?  Hey.. STOP!  Oh 6%$!!

(crunch)

"6614 to Conductor, your radio's cutting out .... uh, did we lose the air, or did you dump it?  How close to the end of the siding are we?"

For Sale:  New commercial/industrial office condo with newly fitted rail access.  Priced to sell, inquire within.

Matthew (OV)

lanny

Matthew,

Great post! ROFLOL. Thanks!

lanny nicolet
ICRR Steam & "Green Diamond" era modeler