News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

'New' center cupola D&RGW Caboose?

Started by tedyarbrough, March 07, 2019, 08:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedyarbrough

Bach-Man,
Any info on the large scale center cupola D&RGW caboose in the 2019 catalogue? It is #93803 and is listed as 'New'. It looks just like an older version. It does state that the image is just an illustration. Letr us know more when available, especially what might be 'New' about it.
Happy Rails To You,
Ted

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Any time an Item is re-issued it gets a new Item No.,
hence it's listed as new.
In this case, it's the same caboose.
In the case of a locomotive, there are usually running changes.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Joe Zullo

So it's just like catching a fish, hauling it in and then leaving it on the hook and putting it back in the water. Then you haul it it up again and proclaim you caught another one! Slick  ;D

RkyGriz

Joe:
Or you could catch the exact same fish three times in a row. Technically, you would have caught 3 fish! I've had that happen with a smallmouth bass in upstate New York!
Andrew

Joe Zullo

Andrew
I think you know very well what I'm getting at. It's a marketing trick. The caboose is not new, it's reintroduced. So why not state the truth?

RkyGriz

Joe:
I was trying to make a joke. But, I do agree with you on this. It also makes me wonder just how "new" the new 4-6-0 is really going to be. As a lifelong fisherman, I am well acquainted with changing the color of a lure in order to get the fish to bite.
Andrew

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi All,

All jokes aside I thought some of you might like some background info.

A  look at my database shows that over the years Bachmann has not been consistent in the way they number reruns or other items.  Over many years my friend Wade Colyer and I have worked hard to sort out inconsistencies in Bachmann numbering of various items.  In the case above they used the a different number for the same item.  This however has not always been the case.  I have found many cases where the same number has been repeated, and even then the items were listed as new.

Seems to me there are changes made when personnel changes occurred over the last 25 years, and a new person became responsible for numbering.   The fact is that The caboose in question was first in the catalog in 1997, over 20 years ago and when stock ran low it went out of the catalog 3 years later.  So in many ways it is new for 2019.   The new ones will have metal wheels but the old ones came out with plastic wheels. 

Maybe I am mellow about it because this is not the first time numbering things was confusing.   Remember if it is new to you, this will be a great chance to get a very nice DRGW caboose.

Have fun, enjoy the hobby and keep laughing 8)

Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!