Need help with dating this set

Started by found HO, March 20, 2019, 01:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

found HO

Recently found in a basement. The lady did know her deceased husband had this set. Any ideas on AGE of these items?

BN 0814 boxcar, 100024, 51' steel  box car all yellow.

EMD FT diesel Santa Fe, lighted  4 holes on side,

having trouble posting pictures. still unable to send pictures.  

set inclueds, EMD FT santa Fe diesel 4 portholes on sides  with black horns,  no numbers on side or bottom, BN all yellow boxcar 100024,0814, 51' steel boxcar,   BN 42' open hopper W/O load green 1027, ATSF 999628 Santa Fe caboose Ce-8 Wide vision 1057,1770 HO track set, 6605 Power pack, came in a cardboard box with Ralston Purina Company return label, postal mark is unreadable. Back of box has the follwing -- 1 each No. 100 Train set FT loco & 3 cars.

rich1998

Welcome.

Some here might know about the items but you need a photo hosting site for posting photos. Look down a ways in the General discussions forum for details on posting photos.

Rich

plas man

I dont know if this may help - on newer or even newer Bachmann loco's or stock - inside the box printed on the card packing you will find a number  some thing like this ... 20160519 - now this is date of manufacture - read it backwards that should read ...
25th of November 2018 - yes you are right , at least you are paying attention  ;D

James in FL

Quote20160519 - now this is date of manufacture - read it backwards that should read ...
25th of November 2018 - yes you are right , at least you are paying attention

WTF??  I read that as year 2016, month 05 May day 19

How the hell do you get Nov 25 2018? from that?

Trainman203

I'd call that "scrambled", not "backwards".

Barely related hilarious  Sidebar: many years ago when I worked off shore, a crewboat captain would come in the kitchen every morning and order "nine scrambled ".

A boxcar and a diesel by themselves does not sound like a "set ".

plas man

Quote from: James in FL on March 21, 2019, 01:22:41 AM
Quote20160519 - now this is date of manufacture - read it backwards that should read ...
25th of November 2018 - yes you are right , at least you are paying attention

WTF??  I read that as year 2016, month 05 May day 19

How the hell do you get Nov 25 2018? from that?

well as a retired infant/primary school teacher that teaching always works , if I had given you the answer you would not have worked it out for yourself = ''I do and I under stand'' .

plas man

Quote from: Trainman203 on March 21, 2019, 07:58:01 AM
A boxcar and a diesel by themselves does not sound like a "set ".

if you have read the above post from plas man to James in FL - now you fall into the same category .
found HO has told you he found a set with loco and box van - that is all you have read - now if you care to read further Found HO gives a full description of the set they have found .

for the resale value of the set , surly been the late husbands it would be worth more in sentimental value ?

jward

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Kemptown Branch

It's the British term for 'boxcar'.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

rich1998

Does not sound like the OP is going to come back with photos of the complete set.

Rich

James in FL

Quotewell as a retired infant/primary school teacher

Lemme guess...

The infants and primary students you once taught are millennials?

WoundedBear

Quote from: rich1998 on March 21, 2019, 07:31:01 PM
Does not sound like the OP is going to come back with photos of the complete set.

Rich

Nope, just another one hit wonder that thinks he found a fortune.

Sid

found HO

AS far posting pictures goes, I HAVEN'T ONE PLACE ON THIS SITE TELLS HOW TO DO IT !!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH>  NEVER DID CARE ABOUT THE VALUE OF THIS STUFF ONLY INTERESTED IN THE APPROXIMENT AGE !!!@#$%^&*(

SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO BELITTLE A PERSON INSTEAD OF HELPING

rich1998

Quote from: found HO on March 22, 2019, 10:49:43 AM
AS far posting pictures goes, I HAVEN'T ONE PLACE ON THIS SITE TELLS HOW TO DO IT !!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH>  NEVER DID CARE ABOUT THE VALUE OF THIS STUFF ONLY INTERESTED IN THE APPROXIMENT AGE !!!@#$%^&*(

I DID TELL YOU. YOU NEED A PHOTO HOSTING SITE LIKE PHOTO BUCKET. THERE ARE OTHER SITES.
WE NEED ALL THE STUFF IN THE SET.
SOME HERE DO LIKE TO TROLL.

iT IS DOWN IN THE GENERAL QUESTIONS FORUM WITH ANSWERS ON WHAT IS MY TRAINS WORTH. YOU DID NOT LOOK AT ALL THE FORUMS. MANY NEW PEOPLE NEVER DO.
I ALSO SENT YOU AN EMAIL. YOU STILL DID NOT LOOK I CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH HAND HOLDING.

RICH

found HO

Quote from: rich1998 on March 22, 2019, 11:54:41 AM
Quote from: found HO on March 22, 2019, 10:49:43 AM
AS far posting pictures goes, I HAVEN'T ONE PLACE ON THIS SITE TELLS HOW TO DO IT !!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH>  NEVER DID CARE ABOUT THE VALUE OF THIS STUFF ONLY INTERESTED IN THE APPROXIMENT AGE !!!@#$%^&*(

I DID TELL YOU. YOU NEED A PHOTO HOSTING SITE LIKE PHOTO BUCKET. THERE ARE OTHER SITES.
WE NEED ALL THE STUFF IN THE SET.
SOME HERE DO LIKE TO TROLL.

Thanks Rich, i'll keep trying

iT IS DOWN IN THE GENERAL QUESTIONS FORUM WITH ANSWERS ON WHAT IS MY TRAINS WORTH. YOU DID NOT LOOK AT ALL THE FORUMS. MANY NEW PEOPLE NEVER DO.
I ALSO SENT YOU AN EMAIL. YOU STILL DID NOT LOOK I CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH HAND HOLDING.

RICH