News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gas Electric Doodlebug

Started by plint, March 28, 2019, 05:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

I have a Bachmann #81409 one of these marked Boston & Maine on the label. I know the stock car was maroon and yellow. This car is green and yellow with Boston & Maine lettering.  Was this made by Bachmann or did someone create their own?  It's rather unique and cool.
Thanks

Picture at the bottom
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

rich1998

plint

Upon further review, it appears to be an undecorated green one that was lettered for B&M although not prototypical.  The yellow lettering are decals.  I'm thinking this was someone's little project that was done rather nicely.  I can't upload the picture because it says the size is too large  ??? 

rich1998

Quote from: plint on March 29, 2019, 12:19:37 PM
Upon further review, it appears to be an undecorated green one that was lettered for B&M although not prototypical.  The yellow lettering are decals.  I'm thinking this was someone's little project that was done rather nicely.  I can't upload the picture because it says the size is too large  ???  

As I said before, you need a photo hosting site like Photo Bucket. It should be explained down below in the General Discussions forum.

Rich

plint

I went to Photobucket and to register, I need to pony up $4 per month to submit my photos.  Is this right?  Not worth it to me.  I've never had problems anywhere uploading photos from my computer except here.

Len

If you go almost to the bottom of the Photobucket home page, you'll find this:

"Looking for our free plan? Sign up here"

Click on the "Sign up here" and it takes you to the registration page. When done it will try to push one of the paid plans, but you can decline. The one draw back to the free account is it will try and get you to sign up for a paid plan whenever you log it. Just ignore it and go to your gallery.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

plint

Ok, thanks Len...I'll try it.

plint

So I'm in the free Photobucket with the picture.  When I try to post the picture, how do I get to Photobucket?  It always takes me to my picture library.

Kemptown Branch

To post pictures, you can click on the image icon in the BBC Tags area on post reply. Mine shows it under italics. You could also just type the image tags out. The link to the picture on photobucket or other sites goes in between the two tags.

[ img ]https://postimg.cc/mt03kYDp[ /img ] It will look like this.

Without the spaces it becomes a picture.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

Len

Quote from: plint on March 30, 2019, 10:54:17 AM
So I'm in the free Photobucket with the picture.  When I try to post the picture, how do I get to Photobucket?  It always takes me to my picture library.

When you get to the library left click on the picture so it comes up by itself. Once it's up, click on the URL in the "Direct" box on the righ side, and it should say copied. Come back to the forum and paste between the image tags as mentioned by TrainMan.

Len

plint

I give up.  Photobucket has sent  a zillion emails to verify my add and there is no place to verify in the email.  I go to the site and I have a picture in it, the one I want to post here.  I hit browse in this post and only my library shows up in which the pix are too big.  So how do I browse Photobucket so I can post my lonely picture?

Len

The e-mail should have a link in it. You just click the link and it should take you to a page that will basically say, "Your address has been verified". Go from that page to the photobucket log-in page and you should be able to log in.

Len

plint

It has the link but won't allow me to click on it.  Something is messed up with the link.

Len

If the link will not work from the e-mail, try copying it and pasting it directly into your browsers address bar.

Len