News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Gas Electric Doodlebug

Started by plint, March 28, 2019, 05:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

Thanks, Len.That worked but getting the Photobucket pic to here is another story.  I click on image upload and I can't copy or paste it.
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

Len

When you click on the image, you should get something like this:

It doesn't always show at the bottom of the list, but whereever it appears, click on the URL to the right of the word "Direct". It should 'blink' for a second and show the word "copied". The link is now on your computors 'clipboard'. Come to the Bachmann forum and do a 'CTRL-V', or use the edit menu 'Paste' function', and the URL will appear in your post. Add the image tags to each end, without the spaces, like this:

[i m g]https://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l529/Pickanotherid/Miscellaneous/HowTo_zpswejiegc9.jpg[ / i m g]

And you should be in business.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

plint

The saga continues....I uploaded phone pix and they are 99 KB,well below the 128 max.  I try to post and now a message says the upload file is full and to contact the administrator.  Is it really this hard?  I do fine everywhere else  :(

plint

Len

Nice. Never ridden in a B&M Doodlebug, but road their RDC's many times 'back in the day'.

So what'd you tweak to get the picture posting to work??

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

plint

I got explicit instructions from Terry on another Bachmann forum post I started, step by step, inch by inch.  All I know is it worked.  Not as easy as other forums.  Thanks, Len for your help and patience.

RAM

I did a search and found out a little information.  All of B&M's passenger equipment, including gas cars were painted Pullman green up until 1940.  Bachmann's car were red, Walther's  car was green, and it was shorter than Bachmann's

plint

Quote from: RAM on April 03, 2019, 10:01:10 PM
I did a search and found out a little information.  All of B&M's passenger equipment, including gas cars were painted Pullman green up until 1940.  Bachmann's car were red, Walther's  car was green, and it was shorter than Bachmann's

Wow.....good to know...thanks, Ram

sjcook

I have discovered split axle gears on my doodlebug.  Can I get replacement drive wheelsets with gears or even a complete drive truck?

WoundedBear

Quote from: sjcook on April 23, 2019, 11:08:01 PM
I have discovered split axle gears on my doodlebug.  Can I get replacement drive wheelsets with gears or even a complete drive truck?

Bachmann usually stocks a power truck for these models, but it appears to be sold out at the moment. Buy a junk second hand unit and scavenge it for parts.

Sid

rich1998

No idea how much you want to spend or how much work you want to do but NWSL has parts. Their gears are excellent. I have used them over the years. He is supposed to go out of business in August,

https://shop.osorail.com/category.sc?categoryId=273

Rich

Trainman203

I rode in RDC's too years ago and from what I understand, they were a luxury  ride compared to a smelly, noisy non-AC rattling doodlebug.

Doodlebugs had to have big fuel tanks which, filled with gasoline, made them rolling bombs.  Back in the early 1900's, one on the original Missouri and North Arkansas had a cornfield meet with a KCS freight while on KCS trackage rights.  The tank blew up and killed over 40 people.  There was another similar incident on the NYC in the 1940's.

dutchbuilder

This is a new one for me.
I tried to open the second link and got this message.

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact news@bolivarmonews.com or call (417) 326.7636.

censorship?

Ton

Penn1974

Not sure but I was able to open both links with no problems.