News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Upload folder full message?

Started by plint, April 02, 2019, 02:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plint

Try to post a pic and this "error" shows up.  What does this mean?
By the grace of God go I in Amherst NH.

Terry Toenges

It means you have to upload your picture somewhere else on-line and then copy the image address. Then paste the image address between the image tags. To get the image tags, click on the second box with the square with the white border (Above the line of smiley faces). That will give you something that looks like this without the dashes: [--img-- ]*[--/img--]. Copy your image address between the two "img" brackets (Where I put the "*" above.).
If the image is on Photobucket, you have to open the image there. Right click on the image and click "copy image location". Then "paste" (Ctrl V) between the tags like I explained above.
Feel like a Mogul.

plint

I have a pic in Photobucket but can't paste the image.  Won't let me copy the pic image in the 3 boxes to the right of the image (pic).

rich1998

I hope this will help. It has been about four years for me.
If you look at the link, upper right. "Share this photo". With the photo open, I would left click on the IMG option, copy and paste, Ctrl V in the forum.
It always worked for me. I would usually use photo bucket to reduce the size of the photo to about 700 or so. Some places did not like too large a photo.

That is from the photo bucket site. Maybe what you see is different but the IMG option is what I always used. Most forums are like the Bachmann forums and require a photo hosting site.

https://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724324-Linking-and-Embedding-Images

Rich

plint

Thanks, Rich.  The problem is the image boxes on the right of the picture are gray and and can't be clicked on. 

rich1998

Quote from: plint on April 02, 2019, 05:25:49 PM
Thanks, Rich.  The problem is the image boxes on the right of the picture are gray and and can't be clicked on.  

Sigh. I did not mean click on the IMG in the  link. The link is only a "sample" of what you might see.
On your PC when you see that use the IMG. The instructions are there.
If necessary, open one browser for photo bucket and a browser for the Bachmann forum with this message but that really should not be necessary. Just take your time.

Rich

plint

plint

Thanks, Terry!
I don't feel inept anymore

Terry Toenges

Feel like a Mogul.

rich1998

Been recovering from heart failure few months ago.
:D
Great. I new you would get it eventually. There is a leaning curve.
Wait until you try DCC.

RIch

plint

Quote from: rich1998 on April 03, 2019, 12:17:43 PM
:D

Wait until you try DCC.

RIch
That's the next step, getting the chip inside but first I gotta get the shell off. Oh boy, watch out!

rich1998

That has been discuss here a few times. I remember you have to slip four tooth picks between the frame and shell to slip the shell off. A couple other hings to do also.
You can also search the HO forum. I am sure something will pop up.
Try doodlebug shell
I just found a good answer but in another forum that I cannot post here. I will PM it to you.
There are non sound and sound decoders.
SoundTraxx does not have a recommendation. Others will comment.

Originally built to run on gasoline (or a cheap fascimile called
"distillate"), Some were converted to diesel.

Google is also a good way to search.

Rich

plint

Thanks, Rich.  Found a good video on Youtube, very clear.

rich1998

Very good. You Tube does pop up also in searches.
If you have not done it, organize bookmarks for storing links. You can gather many over time.
Cheers

Rich