Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Childhood Train

Started by bowser, April 14, 2019, 11:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowser

Hi,

Having difficulty posting but here it goes again

Found my childhood train set. CN Hustler. My mom thinks she won at a Christmas party in 1978/1979.

I am only missing one piece was like a car crossing where the controller/transformer connected. Can I replace that missing piece?

If I updated tracks would these trains work?

bowser

I've tried uploading my folders (I resized them) and it keeps saying upload folder is full. Tried messaging the admin on luck either.

rich1998

Welcome.
You need a photo hosting site like Photo Bucket. There are others.
Look down a ways to General Questions forum for instructions.
Look in the Parts page here. I think that piece is available.
Amazon might even have it.

Rich

jward

The piece you are missing is called a terminal track. Bachmann makes them but they have a plug in system of wiring, and roadbed so they are taller than what you probably have. Atlas makes them without the roadbed, with screw terminals so you can connect the bare ends your power wires to it. You should be able to find either version at any decent hobby shop.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

RAM

A 40 year old Bachmann may not run at all, but if it will run on the old track it will run on the new.  Just make sure you get ns track.

rich1998

Show a photo of the track you have. It might not be the same. The loco might not run very well either. I suspect it would be the old pancake motor. Try it out with some clip leads from the power pack to the track.

Rich