News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Limited Edition Models

Started by TrainCollector, April 14, 2019, 05:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainCollector

Hey guys I made this thread for those who enjoy the classic Thomas episodes where Thomas and his friends get into sticky situations. Below is a list of Limited edition models for the HO scale range I created. I decided that these limited edition models would be very cost effective and easier to produce rather than introducing new characters. Not that I don't want new characters it's just that times are hard right now for Bachmann because of tooling costs to make new molds. So I decided to create a thread that would totally change things up with limited edition models that commemorate classic episodes of the TV series.

Thomas Comes to breakfast- Sad face Thomas with a bush painted on his smokebox, leaves painted on his boiler and dust and dirt around his tanks with some weathering. Also egg yolks on his cheeks to add more humor.

James Goes Buzz Buzz- surprised face red nosed James with bees painted on his boiler. This was mentioned in the Thomas in 2020 thread.

Henry in Something in the Air- Sad face Henry with Fish painted on his boiler and tender and water blotches on his boiler and tender.

Now this is just a start. If you guys think this is a good idea please drop your ideas below I hope I don't get made fun of for this.

JLK2707

Your ideas are great. I suggest a tar covered James with a sad face and a coal covered thomas as seen in double trouble (American version of Thomas, Percy and the coal) with an angry face. Another choice is wooly bear Percy as seen in the said episode.

I would also like to suggest a season 1 style troublesome truck, along with the old coaches. Another great choice would be the orange branch line coaches.

TrainCollector

Thank you so much those Ideas are great too. I just custom photoshopped my own ideas of the first 3 as mentioned above. I think Bachmann could make these and still make great with sales

Kemptown Branch

If anything, it would be the faces that sell the models, especially on Thomas, Percy and James. I think a jam/trousers covered Percy with a sad face could work well. They could also do something like a Thomas with a shocked face and quarry dust like in Trust Thomas.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

JLK2707

Can you please show me the photoshopped pictures TrainCollector?

TrainCollector

I tried but I can't post them on the forum. I'm on my iPad and the file is too large

JLK2707

That's okay TrainCollector, you can just send them to my email and I will post them online - hopefully. :)

MoarCrossovers

Like I suggested in the 2020 thread, Smudger would be a good potential candidate for a limited edition model.
Do u kno de Grate Westarn Wae?

Angelob6660

Most of your ideas will fit for the Thomas Wood line.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

sean1994rail

A chocolate crunch Percy would be great, along with a paint covered Thomas and maybe include the flatbed with paint drums as a returning exclusive.

JLK2707

thomas fan

I think a cool limited edition model would be the L.B.S.C Thomas and black James they would look cool in ho scale. 8)

JLK2707

Yeah. An LSBC Thomas and a Black James would be cool in HO Scale.

Sodor Engineer

I think a gold Thomas would be nice to celebrate 100 years of Thomas and friends. :P
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Rodimus Supreme

Considering the opinions on Celebration Thomas, I'm positive no one would want or buy a gold Thomas.