DCC buss power supply

Started by wyozig, April 15, 2019, 02:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich1998

Same here. It was not aware to me.

Rich

jward

Quote from: wyozig on April 16, 2019, 11:01:41 AM
Thanks folks, you all gives me direction, and what care to take. If I back down the buss to 1 - 2 amp connected in the middle of the buss  and the EZ Command connected at a separate point will the DCC carrier wave
work? I planned on running some EZ App locos on the same line.

Woot, there it is. Y'all weren't reading all of the comments. This wasn't in the OP's initial comments but it is there.

Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

Maletrain

Quote from: jward on April 18, 2019, 12:37:44 PM
Quote from: wyozig on April 16, 2019, 11:01:41 AM
Thanks folks, you all gives me direction, and what care to take. If I back down the buss to 1 - 2 amp connected in the middle of the buss  and the EZ Command connected at a separate point will the DCC carrier wave
work? I planned on running some EZ App locos on the same line.

Woot, there it is. Y'all weren't reading all of the comments. This wasn't in the OP's initial comments but it is there.

The OP has been very unclear what he is contemplating doing with what equipment.  So, we are guessing a lot to try to help as best we can.  Even in his post that you quoted, he is talking about connecting both an EZ Command plus a DC power supply directly to the same track.  Why he wants to do that is not clear.  Perhaps he thinks he needs to do that to run EZ App on those tracks.  As you posted, that isn't necessary (or correct), so I don't know where he would have gotten the idea to do that.  So, we really don't know if that is his sole motivation, or just an aside, and he is motivated by misunderstanding something else.  Some of us started by thinking he was planning to power the EZ Command DCC system with a non-standard, higher power DC supply, rather then add it as another input directly to the track.  It is unclear why he is looking for more power to the track.  Perhaps he needs to read about DCC boosters, booster districts, breaker districts, etc. for DCC systems to get his questions on the same page as our thinking.

wyozig

No I just wanted to know if I HAD to use the Bachmann booster when I had a adjustable power supply. I know I can run Bluetooth controlled trains on the DCC voltage tracks at least that's what I was led to believe. All the conversation now is mute point as I already stated I wasn't going to use the power supply.
Thanks for all the input