loco/tender wiring plug repair?

Started by RRPETE, April 20, 2019, 06:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RRPETE

The wiring harness from the locomotive to the tender snagged and pulled one of the tender wires from the tender plug. Does anyone have any experience repairing that?

Thanks.

Pete Birdsong

dutchbuilder

O yes i had several wires coming loose and even complete connectors disconnecting from their pcb's.
Finding replacements is hard and usually i forget about the connectors and make a permanent connection.

Ton

rich1998

Quote from: RRPETE on April 20, 2019, 06:59:38 PM
The wiring harness from the locomotive to the tender snagged and pulled one of the tender wires from the tender plug. Does anyone have any experience repairing that?

Thanks.

Pete Birdsong

Yes. Happened to me a few years ago. I contacted repair. They sent me a set. I sent them a check and soldered in the new set. No big deal.
A crimp tool is used to crimp the wires and the wires inserted into the plastic plug./socket.
I seriously doubt anyone can put the wire back in.
They were in the Parts page at one time or call the Parts department.
Check the Parts page for your locomotive.
Just do one wire at a time.
Good luck.

Rich

RRPETE

RRPETE

I took a chance on a repair: I drilled out the socket where the wire broke off, soldered the broken wire to a straight pin from the wife's sewing supplies, inserted the pin in the drilled-out socket, and clipped off the pin head and excess pin length. It worked!

dutchbuilder

That's what i call out of the box thinking.
I love it.

Ton

rich1998

Excellent model railroading. He made it work.

Rich