News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC control

Started by wyozig, April 22, 2019, 01:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyozig

Can a Bachmann "DCC Onboard" loco be controlled by a different brand of system like a Digitrax system?

WoundedBear

wyozig

jward

As a person who uses Digitrax (Zephyr) i can confirm that it will run Bachmann or any other brand of decoder. But my system is finicky when it comes to programming Bachmann decoders, including changin the locomotive address. Sometimes the programming will take, sometimes not. The workaround is to use a seperate track for programming  your locomotive, with a 1000 ohm resistor soldered across the rails. That seems to make programming reliable. And trust me, the first time you try to run more than one DCC locomotive, you're going to need to program at least one of them, if only to change the decoder's address.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

pascal_france

Hello,
I'm new in Bachmann experience in N Gauge. I bought a Alco S4 DCC #63155. I would like have the list of supported CVs. My DCC controller is a Multimaus Fleischmann.
Thank's for your answer.
pascal from Paris.

rich1998

Pascal_France
Bienvenue

Rich Etats-Unis

pascal_france

Hi Rich1998
Nice to meet you :)

rogertra

Quote from: WoundedBear on April 22, 2019, 01:54:04 PM
Yes.

Sid

Sid is correct, I have several brands of decoders, including those supplied by Bachmann and my NCE system controls all of them as does the club's Digitrax system as they are all built to the same NMRA standards.

Cheers.