STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2022, 01:39:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  New Product Announcement!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: New Product Announcement!  (Read 14083 times)
RAM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2020, 12:46:17 PM »

Back about 1950 I went to the  Frisco roundhouse in Oklahoma City.  I walked in and here was 5 or 6  Frisco decapods.  They were overhauling them.  I thought why are they doing all that work on these.  It turn out that they were selling them to mining company in Northeast ok, and southeast Ks.
WoundedBear
A Derailed Drag Racer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 03:55:19 PM »

Quentin, I have a 40í long layout with 20 switches that can handle 3 or 4 engines and about 30 cars at one time.  At 80 some odd steam engines, 20 some odd diesels, around 600 freight cars and 20 passenger cars ..... I finally turned off the faucet and said ďno more.Ē   

That said, Iím planning on getting the Frisco decapod 1624 later this year.  It really doesnít matter that I already have 1630 and 1632.  I yelled at the Bach Man so many times to bring the decapod back, I feel honor bound to buy one.

You need to post some pics of that layout. I'm sure everyone here would like to see it.

Sid

Trainman203
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2020, 05:25:47 PM »

I tried to do Flickr awhile back and didnít succeed.  Maybe should try again. 

My layout is not as detailed as yours Sid.  Many folks probably would find it kind of boring.  Nothing spectacular.  Itís very rural flat country with mostly ground cover and lichen. The scenery is about 90% done. Iíd have to count but I think thereís only 8 or 10 buildings on it, all plastic kits repainted in dull brick and wood colors and minor detail improvements like taking excessive muntins out of windows. Iím not putting any more buildings on the layout  itís got the open look I like and Iím not a builder in any way.  I just took a building off last week to open things up more.  Scenery and structures to me are backdrops to operations on my layout, I run locals and switch small rural setouts, thatís it.
WoundedBear
A Derailed Drag Racer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2020, 05:48:38 PM »

I use Fotki to host my pictures. Have been with them for years and never an issue. Their rates are very reasonable.

Sid

Trainman203
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2020, 06:04:42 PM »

I have several nice videos but canít seem to get youtube to finish the publishing process, it stalls.
Trainman203
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2020, 09:58:05 AM »

Iím going to find a kid to help me get photo posting and postable YouTube going.  The 14 year old grandson plays video games with people all around the country.  He oughta be able to do this while napping.
Ralph S

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2020, 10:50:53 AM »

Dear Bachmann Admin,

It's great that your company is putting out new products.  I'd like to help support your new products with one that you had produced and discontinued  due to lack of sales.
I understand that the Walk around companion controller (Model 44907) was discontinued.  What I would like to do is to reverse engineer the EZ command control center (Model 44901) to operate as a walk-around controller.  Question I have- Would you be willing to provide the schematics for the 44901and 44907 to support my quest to modify the controller to act as a walk-around controller.  I believe it would be either a simple programming change and/or circuit connection modification.

Sincerely,

Ralph S
Quentin

Working on a ceiling shelf layout

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 10:46:15 PM »

That's a huge layout! I only have my bonus room floor right now, and that's not too big. I'm thinking of overhauling my dad's detached garage though...

Quentin D.
Quentin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2020, 09:40:29 PM »

Ok, so you're saying if you can basically put an oval around a figure 8 track that connects to the fig. 8? Am I correct?

Quentin D.
wiley209

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2021, 04:22:30 PM »

That Track King set in the new Bachmann 2021 catalog looks pretty interesting; nice to see an HO-scale Bachmann set with the Union Pacific GP40 locomotive back on the market, as that was always a staple of Bachmann train sets for many decades. It even has a nice little oval of 47x38 E-Z track instead of a simple circle! Though I'm kind of surprised it does not include the signs and poles and figures such sets used to have, but I would assume nowadays people can just buy an HO-scale Bachmann set and include the Layout Accessories Assortment (No. 42104) in the order to have the signs and poles and figures to set up with that new train set, as they can definitely enhance even a simple 38" circle of track in feeling more like an actual railroad when starting out.
Plus, regarding the aforementioned older sets, I want to see Bachmann someday make an HO-scale train set that includes an over-under Figure-8 track lay out as seen in the Steel Alloy E-Z Track Over-Under Figure-8 Track Pack (No. 44475), but maybe also include the E-Z Track blinking truss bridge and dual crossing gates like some of those older sets I mentioned did, and give it kind of an "action" theme that way. Having grown up in an era where train sets like those were often sold by companies like Bachmann (of course), TYCO, A.H.M. and Life-Like, it'd be nice to see Bachmann get back into something like that, offering it all in one convenient package.
Just a thought.
Bouguy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 12:25:36 PM »

J'ai achetť un ensemble Thunder chief locomotive diesel f7-a dcc,je voudrais avoir les instructions en franÁais merci.
Quentin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 01:52:09 PM »

Le manuel d'instructions devrait Ítre dans la boÓte si vous l'avez achetť sur Amazon ou Bachmann ... ou l'avez-vous achetť ŗ quelqu'un?

Quentin

Quentin D.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: