Reverse Loop in EZ Command DCC and DC

Started by hjmurray, April 26, 2019, 04:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hjmurray

I have been using the Bachmann EZ Command DCC for a couple of years. I occasionally run a DC locomotive on button 10 but not that often. I now have the DC controller that mates to the EZ Command. I am planning to add a reverse loop to my layout and have purchased the Bachmann Auto Reverse module. Because the DC controller is connected to my EZ Command will I be able to run a DC loco on the reverse loop?

RAM

You are not trying to run dcc & dc at the same time are you?

hjmurray

With EZ Command DCC you are able to run one DC loco using button 10. With the mated Bachmann DC controller you can run one DC loco without running it on button 10. Since the control systems seem to be interlinked somehow I was wondering if the DC loco will be able to run on the auto controlled reverse loop.

plas man

I have the Bachmann EZ command and DC  controller set up , but no reverse loop so cant help .
however it is usually a NO to use a DC loco  on DCC  , but I do it myself with a old loco - the motors are a bit more robust .
Should you use a present day loco it may burn the motor  - whatever you choose try and keep the loco running - if left stationary the motor will surely burn out .

hjmurray

Thanks for the comments. The DC loco I have used is an old Athearn. It works but makes a loud buzzing sound so I guess not a great thing to do. That being said I figure the DC loco will not operate on the reverse loop.

Thanks for everyone's response.