STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 06:33:26 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  N
| | |-+  EZ Track Turnout Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EZ Track Turnout Problem  (Read 640 times)
boatwiser

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2019, 06:27:38 PM »

Hello,

Just started back into railroading in N scale.  I had a simple oval layout that worked fine.  I just installed one EZ track turnout.  Now the train will not run correctly or stop before the turnout or halfway around the oval.  The turnout has a metal frog.  My transformer's overload light comes on also.  When I change the direction of the turnout the train trys to run again but fails and the and the transformers overload light comes on again - Please help - What am I missing here?
James in FL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 05:39:19 AM »

Early EZ track turnouts used to be power routing, I dont know if they still are.
Think in terms that your turnout is a y.
Your power supply input must be at the bottom of the y.

Good luck
boatwiser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 08:19:39 AM »

Thanks for your response.  Late last night I finally figured it out. I removed the plate on the bottom of the switch to discover that they are power routing.  The power wiring was reversed for the position of the turnout.  I just reversed the contacts by moving the little gear about 180 degrees that moves the track and there you go - works like a charm now. Someone in China needs to pay a little more attention! 
ftauss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 02:40:51 PM »

I found that in the main, the non # turnouts need to have the bottom plate removed and the mechanism adjusted.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: