News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 44596 Hobby Track Pack--good deal?

Started by The Old Man, December 18, 2007, 01:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Man

I just got the Deluxe Commander set and want to get more track and switches.  Is the Hobby Track Pack a good value? Ridgeroad Station has it for $57.75.

grumpy

Before you buy a package deal you should decide how your layout is going to look. You may end up with pieces you will not use. I would check with Trainworl/Trainland  ,Standard Hobbies , Wholesale Hobbies before I bought anything. You may find that that the individual pricing may be cheaper than a package.
Don

jsmvmd

Dear "Viejo,"

My son and I love to watch the WGH Track Pack video narrated by Michael Gross, the actor.  It is beautifully directed and organized.  I learned a wealth of tips from it.  Most libraries have it for loan. 

I believe the price you stated is the lowest I have ever seen, by a large margin.  The layout is a "bent oval" with a passing parallel inside track on one side of the oval and an inside spur.  The whole thing fits into a 4' x 8' area. 

It uses Bachmann track on foam sheet construction so you can sculpt hills and lakes, etc.  The time consuming part is building the models, IMHO.

Please take a gander at it and let me know what you think!

Best Wishes & Merry Christmas!

Jack

jsmvmd

Dear "Viejo,"

!Con mucho gusto! for the great tip!  I will buy this item for my son, who has been asking for this.  Santa gets to enjoy this one with my Joey!
Oh, Boy!  Oh, Boy!  Oh, Boy! 

I will download some pix if the bldgs turn out OK.

Best Wishes & Merry Christmas from snowy Pennsylvania!

Jack