Speed Controller Power Pack - 46605A

Started by BobZ, June 10, 2019, 05:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobZ

Can this power pack be repaired or should I just replace? The 'To Track' female connector looses contact with the male plug due to usage.

rich1998

Quote from: BobZ on June 10, 2019, 05:03:45 PM
Can this power pack be repaired or should I just replace? The 'To Track' female connector looses contact with the male plug due to usage.

That part I do not understand,

The "to track" I see are to two knobs on the white controller for the wires "to the track" terminals

Do you mean the connector from the wall wart that plugs into the white controller box? The part in the white controller has a spring in it and might have lost its tension.
I have a laptop like that that will not keep the wall wart connector in place very long with any kind of movement. I use some duct tale to keep the connector in place.

Rich

BobZ

Rich, On the back of the power pack there are 2 female plugs, one labeled '16V AC IN' and one labeled 'To Track'.  The are also two spring loaded '16V AC Accessories'.

Len

Google "MRC 1370 power pack" and you can pick up a new one for around $40.00. You'll be a lot happier.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

rich1998

Ok. Now I remember. AC for accessories and DC to the tracks. I was not sure what the OP was saying in his first post.

Rich

Terry Toenges

There are some pre-owned ones on EBay for as low as $13.00 with free shipping. It would cost you more to have it repaired. The cheapest new one with free shipping is $37.00.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Bachmann+46605A&_sacat=0&_sop=15
Feel like a Mogul.