Bachmann s2 with soundtrack dcc sound

Started by Steam555, June 16, 2019, 06:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steam555

Hi guys

I have been having trouble with my
Bachmann s2 with soundtrack dcc sound
The loco would move forward, and just stop
After removing the body of the loco I have found that three wires that are normally soldered onto the bogies of the loco were broken off due to no movement in the wire as the wire was pulled tight With no I stack , I resoldered the ire's back on, put the body back on the loco on the track and nothing when  I tried to fire up the loco, I tried a factory reset the decoder gets warm, the led headlights work, but nothing from the motor or speaker

Can somebody help me

jonathan

Steam  5's:

I have two of these little guys.  Beginning to believe the short-wire thing is common on the S-2/4.  I have had to resolder the truck pick ups back onto the feed wires.  Relatively easy to do.

The other problem is "probably" the way the wires are connected to the PCB/decoder board.  You can see the little black plastic caps that connect the wires to the board.  I've had to take off the tabs, reposition the wires for continuity, then put the caps back on.

My guess, and it's just a guess, is that your wires are not all seated securely to the board.

Like most locos, made by most manufacturers, a little tinkering/tweaking is required.

Here's a link to my thread concerning the S-2.  Hope it helps:

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,27746.0.html

Regards,

Jonathan

Len

It's not just the Bachmann S-2/4's. I had to rewire 4 of another manufactures O27 version because the pick-up wires were as tight as banjo strings. The first time they hit a curve, "pop", and everything came to a halt. Almost like someone was trying to save a pennies worth of copper.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Steam555

genetk44

Quote from: jonathan on June 16, 2019, 06:46:36 AM
Steam  5's:

I have two of these little guys.  Beginning to believe the short-wire thing is common on the S-2/4.  I have had to resolder the truck pick ups back onto the feed wires.  Relatively easy to do.

The other problem is "probably" the way the wires are connected to the PCB/decoder board.  You can see the little black plastic caps that connect the wires to the board.  I've had to take off the tabs, reposition the wires for continuity, then put the caps back on.

My guess, and it's just a guess, is that your wires are not all seated securely to the board.

Like most locos, made by most manufacturers, a little tinkering/tweaking is required.

Here's a link to my thread concerning the S-2.  Hope it helps:

https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,27746.0.html

Regards,

Jonathan

That was a really nice thread on S2/4 tinkering Jonathan

jonathan