What yr did they make the The Northern Flyer King of the rail series

Started by Hiend-Audio, June 18, 2019, 08:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiend-Audio

Just trying to find a little info and am also curious what the cost would have been around than.

Thank you for your help and info:) :)

Hiend-Audio

Hi,
  I have tried google several times with no luck and was hoping someone in the forums may have info.

Its definitely quite  an older set still new in the box and will take some pictures Thanks

rich1998

Welcome if you are new here.

Look a few forums down on how to add photos. General Questions.
You need a photo hosting site.
Look at the bottom of the loco. Does it have a pancake motor? Sometimes it looks clear.  Only drive wheels on one end?
If the motor is in the center, both wheels will move only slightly. Don't force.

Good luck. No idea of the age.

Rich

Len

What scale is the set? Does it contain EZ-Track with built in roadbed, or plain sectional track with no roadbed? Diesel locomotive, or steam? What road name is the locomotive? Is there an item number on the set box? Is the power pack a single unit that plugs into the wall, with a know you turn one way for forward and the other for reverse? Or is it a "wall wart" that plugs into a control box?

The more info you can provide, the easier it will be to find and answer to your question.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

Terry Toenges

The only thing Google shows is four Worthpoint pictures. No other info.

Feel like a Mogul.

Len

I found a couple of "King of the Rail" series sets, but none that mentioned "Northern Flyer". Some more info, especially a set number off the box would be helpful.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

jward

King of the Rail series was in the 1992 catalog. Not sure about other years but i suspect they were. Not in the 1987 catalog, or 1994. Could not find the intervening years online, nor could i find the Northern Flyer. I hope this narrows it down.

This was during the years when Bachmann started taking interest in upgrading their line. The Spectrum diesels were in production, but the rolling stock had yet to be upgraded to Silver Series.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA