News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N EZ Track gauge problem?

Started by tannenba, July 03, 2019, 12:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tannenba

Hi bought Bachmann World's Greatest Hobby Track Pack N Scale and a separate pack of six straight tracks to replace my Atlas track.
Put it together as the DVD shows and lengthened it with the extra 6 straight tracks.  I have a new never run Bachman 2-6-2 and it is not happy on this track.  If my NMRA standards gauge is correct, the straight  that I bought separate, are too narrow and bind the train.  Has this been a problem before?
I ordered both from Amazon and fulfilled by Bachmann.  They both came in sealed packages.  I was looking at Kato, but their starter packages all included the power pack which I did not need.  I thought this would run much better that the Atlas track since it snaps together.

Edit: Took the straights out but that loco still not happy, lots of driver wheel slipping, so I put some Atlas track together and the engine will run slow, fast, etc. Checked the gauge of the wheels and they are all in.  Also noticed my Kadee height gauge will not sit in between the rails either.  What's up Bachmann?  All the other Bachmann stuff has been great, But I'm not happy with this expensive EZ track that my trains don't care for.  Considering returning all of it to Amazon.

tannenba

Talked to Bachmann, they would replace, but since both products were bad, returning to Amazon.  Will probably go with Kato.

James in FL

Haven't bought any EZ Track in well over a decade.
IIRC, never had a problem with it back then, other than turnouts.

Return it.

tannenba