Front wheel assembly for an 80 Ton Shay HO scale. P/N H81910

Started by Engineer24, July 04, 2019, 03:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer24

Does anyone have or know how to obtain the above subject as Bachman no longer has this part in stock.

rich1998

It sounds like you are looking for the complete front truck. I saw one on ebay for $99.00 or best offer. No indication of scale. Better ask and condition of unit. It might not be HO scale. Looks like On30 or large scale. I did a general search.
Do ypu need the complete truck or a couple parts. NWSL might be able to help you until he closes shop in August.
You could ask at Trains.com Many users there.

Rich

rich1998

Have you tried calling Bachmann repair in Baltimore? It only cost a phone call. They also do repairs. Make sure all parts are there.
If they could do a repair, make sure they would send back a three truck 80 ton Shay. They have been known to sub. equal value loco. I know. Strange.
A few years ago I had a two motor 44 ton on DCC. It cracked a gear. I took the decoder out and put it back together as a DC loco. Sent it back with the required check and it was running with cracked gear. Bachmann sent me a single motor 44 ton DCC ready.

Rich

WoundedBear

This model has been discontinued for years now. No way that Bachmann will be able to replace it.

If you have split gears, your best bet for repair is a set of sideframes.

https://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68_92&products_id=1651&zenid=hqvlja9vfehtb8751tosnded50

Sid

rich1998

Engineer24

Explain exactly what your issue is. Photos might help. Is the front wheel assembly completely broke, missing?

Rich

Engineer24

I have tried Bachmann parts but that is  no go since the unit has been discontinued.

Engineer24

I am missing the front cross bar on the assembly that holds the two side frames in place.  I have the back one but I need the front one.

WoundedBear

The upper bar that the toothpick is pointing to? Or the one just below it? I think I have the parts you need.

Sid

Engineer24

Both parts and if you have the parts what is the price.

WoundedBear

Quote from: rich1998 on July 04, 2019, 03:56:23 PM
NWSL might be able to help you until he closes shop in August.
Rich

Rich...........quit giving bad information. NWSL is closing and has said they will accept no new orders past July 01. You are a few days late with your advice.

Sid

WoundedBear

Engineer24

In Canada.  To Be exact St.Catharines Ontario (near Niagara Falls)

WoundedBear

Perfect. Not dealing with Americans......lol.

I'm in Edmonton. I'll shoot you an email here quick.

Sid

Penn1974

Rich1998:
               Did you mean Baltimore or actually Philadelphia PA?

rich1998

Quote from: Penn1974 on July 05, 2019, 12:34:54 PM
Rich1998:
               Did you mean Baltimore or actually Philadelphia PA?

Philadelphia PA?
My bad. The Parts, Service and Info Page says everything. Too bad about no parts. Nothing I can think of.

I was in two different forums at the time.

Rich