Special New Thomas & Friends Products Announcement

Started by InsideTrack, July 12, 2019, 10:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sean1994rail

I am thrilled too! Thanks Bachmann! Will indeed be getting Daisy, Peter Sam and Troublesome Truck 6.

Chaz

So I gotta ask since it's been almost a month since the announcements but which engine are you more excited for?  Daisy or Peter Sam?
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Kemptown Branch

I am definitely more excited for Peter Sam. I love the HO range, but the Narrow Gauge range is such high quality it beats anything the HO range produces.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

TerencetheTractor525

I'm very excited for both engines, but I would say that I am slightly more excited about Daisy, as she's the first large, bogied diesel that is getting made for the Thomas line. I cannot wait to see how they will pull off the moving eye mechanism, and see if she will have "see-through" windows just like the engine from the classic model series.

However, there is another engine that I would be even more excited for if he gets announced in February 2020: https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,35991.0.html  ;)

How amazing that would be if it happens!
Dreaming of a Bachmann Stepney.

TrainFan97

I'm more excited for Daisy. I don't actually collect Narrow Gauge, mainly because of how expensive it is.

I highly doubt Daisy would have transparent windows. All the other diesels in the HO range have opaque silver windows. Daisy will most likely have the same. It would be to hide the motors and eye mechanism. That certainly won't be a dealbreaker.

Because Daisy's CGI render has raised bufferbeams, she can easily have hook-and-loop couplers on both ends without a gaping hole.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

JLK2707

Sodor Engineer

Honestly I like the narrow gauge range but Peter Sam really needs Sir Handel with him but I will still buy Peter Sam but the same thing could be said with  Daisy and Ryan.
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Anthony P2

There's always next year for Sir Handel and Ryan

TrainFan97

Ever since Daisy was announced, the demand for Ryan has spiked up, especially because they both share the same branch line. If Ryan gets made in the near future, that would complete the Harwick duo.

I can imagine if Salty is eventually brought back, the same could happen to Porter getting a spike in demand, since they're the Brendam Docks duo.

And if Bachmann ever does announce Den someday in the future, Dart would be inevitable, but the only issue holding them back is Dart's small size. Because even Percy towers over him, Dart would have to be scaled up, like Porter. The Dieselworks duo really doesn't have enough popular demand to be announced anytime soon.

With Daisy, being one of the top requests coming in 2020, the top requests for the HO range are now Ryan and Stepney.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TerencetheTractor525

Once again, I completely agree that Ryan should be made, as Ryan is Daisy's main companion in the CGI series, and I have confidence that Bachmann will make him at some point. However, I still firmly believe that Stepney should be made first. For those who haven't seen the thread I made on Stepney and Ryan already, please check it out and leave a comment: https://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,35991.0.html  :) I, as well as other Bachmann Thomas fans, have stated multiple reasons as to why Stepney should be made before Ryan.

As for other new HO engines after Stepney, I would suggest only three others. Ryan (of course), BoCo, and Sidney. Reasons for Ryan and Sidney have been stated many times. As for BoCo, I'll explain why he would be a great addition at a much later date ;).

For now, I think that it would make the most sense to focus on the two engines with the most demand after Daisy, which are Stepney and Ryan. Really hoping that the licencor will let Bachmann announce Stepney in February 2020 for the 75th Anniversary!

TrainFan97

I do agree that Stepney should be made first, to celebrate the 75th Anniversary. Mattel better let Bachmann make him for this occasion.

If Stepney gets announced next Toy Fair, that would open the door to possibilities like BoCo, another character who hasn't appeared in the show for quite some time. Daisy is the first large diesel in the Bachmann Thomas range. Since Diesel 10's claw would breech the NMRA standards, as stated numerous times, the only other possibility for the second large diesel is BoCo.

Some say BoCo would benefit from a CGI render like Daisy did, but, since we haven't seen a returning Awdry character since Season 21, and given the show's current direction, with Andrew Brenner stepping down, it's not likely BoCo would return to the show anytime soon. However, it's not like BoCo had anything wrong with his classic series model, like Daisy did by having low bufferbeams. I'm sure if BoCo gets made in his model series design, he would sell like hot cakes.

DucktheGWREngine08

I still doubt Mattel would let Bachmann do something like that, they care about money more than the fans.

TerencetheTractor525

Quote from: TrainFan97 on August 08, 2019, 01:38:12 AM
I do agree that Stepney should be made first, to celebrate the 75th Anniversary. Mattel better let Bachmann make him for this occasion.

If Stepney gets announced next Toy Fair, that would open the door to possibilities like BoCo, another character who hasn't appeared in the show for quite some time. Daisy is the first large diesel in the Bachmann Thomas range. Since Diesel 10's claw would breech the NMRA standards, as stated numerous times, the only other possibility for the second large diesel is BoCo.

Some say BoCo would benefit from a CGI render like Daisy did, but, since we haven't seen a returning Awdry character since Season 21, and given the show's current direction, with Andrew Brenner stepping down, it's not likely BoCo would return to the show anytime soon. However, it's not like BoCo had anything wrong with his classic series model, like Daisy did by having low bufferbeams. I'm sure if BoCo gets made in his model series design, he would sell like hot cakes.

Already, you've stated some good points as to why BoCo would be a great candidate. I have more discuss with him, but I'll save that for a later date, as Bachmann really should focus on the two engines fans want most: Stepney and Ryan

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on August 08, 2019, 06:53:01 AM
I still doubt Mattel would let Bachmann do something like that, they care about money more than the fans.

The irony with that comment is that in terms of new toolings, it would cost less for Bachmann to make classic engines like Stepney and BoCo than any of the popular CGI engines such as Ryan, Nia, Rebecca, and Hiro, due to their simpler designs, and yet there is much more demand for classic engines throughout the fandom, especially with Stepney.

If the licensor really cared about money, they would allow at least allow Bachmann to make this one exception for the 75th Anniversary. More is explained in the Stepney or Ryan thread.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: TerencetheTractor525 on August 08, 2019, 08:32:56 AM
Quote from: TrainFan97 on August 08, 2019, 01:38:12 AM

Already, you've stated some good points as to why BoCo would be a great candidate. I have more discuss with him, but I'll save that for a later date, as Bachmann really should focus on the two engines fans want most: Stepney and Ryan

Quote from: DucktheGWREngine08 on August 08, 2019, 06:53:01 AM

The irony with that comment is that in terms of new toolings, it would cost less for Bachmann to make classic engines like Stepney and BoCo than any of the popular CGI engines such as Ryan, Nia, Rebecca, and Hiro, due to their simpler designs, and yet there is much more demand for classic engines throughout the fandom, especially with Stepney.

If the licensor really cared about money, they would allow at least allow Bachmann to make this one exception for the 75th Anniversary. More is explained in the Stepney or Ryan thread.
Nia and Rebecca are not popular. Everyone hates them.

Ronniethe14xxx

[/quote] Nia and Rebecca are not popular. Everyone hates them.
[/quote]

Actually, most people seem to like Rebecca, Nia is more of a 50/50 split