Special New Thomas & Friends Products Announcement

Started by InsideTrack, July 12, 2019, 10:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DucktheGWREngine08

Hopefully the shops will have them for pre-order soon.

Sodor Engineer

just wondering could Cranky lift the crates in the 1 plank wagons. ???
I like Stepney and would love to see him in ho scale.

Rodimus Supreme

Quote from: InsideTrack on July 12, 2019, 10:03:18 AM
Dear Thomas & Friends™ fans,
We are making a special announcement of new Thomas & Friends products. Please note that none of these items will be available BEFORE 2020. We will post information when available.

HO SCALE
Item No. 58820 DAISY (with moving eyes)
Item No. 77401 OIL TANKER TROUBLESOME TRUCK #6
Item No. 77402 1 PLANK WAGON with BRENDAM CARGO & FREIGHT CRATE
Item No. 77403 1 PLANK WAGON with BRENDAM BAY SHIPPING CO. CRATE
Item No. 77404 1 PLANK WAGON with SODOR STEAM WORKS CRATE

NARROW GAUGE
Item No. 56804 PETER SAM

Bachmann Trains

DJEHHOSDHAOIFWHSOSU?!?!?!?!?!?!

*Ahem*...now that I got that out of my system...

WHAT?!?! This is amazing!!!! I am SHOCKED for several reasons. First, this is an unprecedented announcement because it's July and Bachmann NEVER (as far as I know at least) announces new Thomas and Friends products any time other than Toy Fair in February. Second, ALL THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE AMAZING!!!!! A Troublesome Tanker, reintroduced (or new?) rolling stock tooling, a highly anticipated Narrow Gauge character, AND DAISY!!!!!! Third, and I highlighted this part in the quote, DAISY HAS MOVING EYES!!!!!! I have no idea how Bachmann will pull that off, but I'm sure they've got the engineering figured out. This...this is just amazing.

Anthony P2

I might have to get Daisy now! I'm actually really excited for the rolling stock too! It's nice that there's going to be more wagons with loads in the range. Peter Sam is definitely going to be a must have too! I'm pretty excited to see that Bachmann is starting a regular HOn3 line too!

TrainFan97

Wow! Bachmann doesn't usually post special announcements halfway through the year! We usually have to wait until February, but man! At long last! DAISY IS OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED FOR HO SCALE!!! Peter Sam is also confirmed for HOn30 Scale, so now we're finally getting a fourth Narrow Gauge engine.

Daisy was the most exciting announcement since Oliver in 2015. The third new tooling in HO Scale since Mattel's takeover. Red Rosie will be available soon, and hopefully, at the earliest, Daisy will be in stock next summer.

Now that Daisy is confirmed, we could expect engines like LBSC Thomas, Black James, or Sidney announced in February 2020.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

This might be the most bizarre and unexpected news I've woken up to yet. Nonetheless, wow! Daisy is finally coming to the Bachmann range. I don't think I've been this excited for a Bachmann product since Skarloey. Daisy is one of the few characters to benefit and improve in her CGI form over her model form, so this is a model I'm gonna be waiting at the front of the line to get, for sure!

As for Peter Sam, I was iffy on Rusty, but I was excited for Rheneas and Skarloey for sure, so I'll gladly be adding Peter Sam to the collection.

Overall, it's like Christmas in July! I welcome it.

Titanic5972

Absolutely fantastic to see Daisy announced. And the troublesome tanker too. Awesome news!

TrainFan97

We might see Daisy's image in the 2020 catalog when that comes next February.

At the earliest, we could expect her getting released next summer.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

TrainshockeylifE

Wow! When I first saw a pic of the catalog I thought it was fake and that someone made it until I saw it on the forum! Maybe since next year is the 75th anniversary Bachmann did the announcement now and will have another one in February as a double announcement for the anniversary.

Angelob6660

I know that I'm getting Daisy, Peter Sam and a few plank wagons.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Chaz

Looking back at all the responses on here, as well as the responses I've seen on social media, I don't think I've ever seen a lot of people in the fandom so... happy, which is a rarity especially with what Mattel has been doing with the brand as of late.  But to be fair, Mattel did have to approve these models and in some ways I'm still shocked that Mattel approved a model of Daisy, but clearly its a decision that's going to pay off.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :P

But in all seriousness, I do like seeing these positive responses as I feel that Daisy and Peter Sam's announcements have really restored a lot of faith some fans may have lost over the years over some arguably lackluster choices we have seen in the past.  Even the rolling stock that got announced at the NMRA is a lot better than the wagons that got announced at the Toy Fair this year.  It's nice to see that Bachmann managed to surprise us just like I had hoped like I mentioned earlier.  Something I will happily eat my own words with.

The Bachmann Daisy is going to make a very huge impact in sales for Bachmann, in the exact same way Donald and Douglas did as Hornby never produced a model of her prior before dropping the license.  So clearly there is that extra bit of collectors value that's following her moreso than Duck and Oliver.  A lot of people even like her CG render a lot more than Oliver's too, so more power to Bachmann on that one.  There is no doubt that this is the model that I think everyone is excited for the most and I think that is because of how much people wanted this character and how much of a surprise it was when she got announced yesterday.

Peter Sam seems to be making quite the positive reaction as well.  I'm really glad that they went with him instead of Duncan or any of the newer Narrow gauge characters.  Of course now we all know that the consistent demand for the next narrow gauge engine is Sir Handel.  But after how Peter Sam just happened to get announced not too long after Rusty arrived at dealers two years since he was announced, I have a feeling the next engine announcement will be a while.  Nothing wrong with at least having hopes up for brake vans once the coaches get released in the meantime. ;)

Either way, these "special announcements" really did do their justice and it certainly gives me some more hope for the future, all while making me anticipate these exciting new models as I'm sure it did for many others.  It goes without saying, Bachmann truly outdid themselves today in more ways than one.  Well done Bachmann.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

JLK2707

Excellent news! I am so just going to be getting all of them! :)

DucktheGWREngine08

Quote from: Chaz on July 13, 2019, 01:43:29 AM
Looking back at all the responses on here, as well as the responses I've seen on social media, I don't think I've ever seen a lot of people in the fandom so... happy, which is a rarity especially with what Mattel has been doing with the brand as of late.  But to be fair, Mattel did have to approve these models and in some ways I'm still shocked that Mattel approved a model of Daisy, but clearly its a decision that's going to pay off.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day. :P

But in all seriousness, I do like seeing these positive responses as I feel that Daisy and Peter Sam's announcements have really restored a lot of faith some fans may have lost over the years over some arguably lackluster choices we have seen in the past.  Even the rolling stock that got announced at the NMRA is a lot better than the wagons that got announced at the Toy Fair this year.  It's nice to see that Bachmann managed to surprise us just like I had hoped like I mentioned earlier.  Something I will happily eat my own words with.

The Bachmann Daisy is going to make a very huge impact in sales for Bachmann, in the exact same way Donald and Douglas did as Hornby never produced a model of her prior before dropping the license.  So clearly there is that extra bit of collectors value that's following her moreso than Duck and Oliver.  A lot of people even like her CG render a lot more than Oliver's too, so more power to Bachmann on that one.  There is no doubt that this is the model that I think everyone is excited for the most and I think that is because of how much people wanted this character and how much of a surprise it was when she got announced yesterday.

Peter Sam seems to be making quite the positive reaction as well.  I'm really glad that they went with him instead of Duncan or any of the newer Narrow gauge characters.  Of course now we all know that the consistent demand for the next narrow gauge engine is Sir Handel.  But after how Peter Sam just happened to get announced not too long after Rusty arrived at dealers two years since he was announced, I have a feeling the next engine announcement will be a while.  Nothing wrong with at least having hopes up for brake vans once the coaches get released in the meantime. ;)

Either way, these "special announcements" really did do their justice and it certainly gives me some more hope for the future, all while making me anticipate these exciting new models as I'm sure it did for many others.  It goes without saying, Bachmann truly outdid themselves today in more ways than one.  Well done Bachmann.
Daisy got approved due to a mix of she is in the cgi series and was highly demanded, not just cause of the high demand from fans.

ShadowMonk

Fantastic, just need Boco and Trevor and I believe that completes the season 1 and 2 characters, which are the ones I most enjoy!

DucktheGWREngine08

Quote from: ShadowMonk on July 13, 2019, 12:06:57 PM
Fantastic, just need Boco and Trevor and I believe that completes the season 1 and 2 characters, which are the ones I most enjoy!

Trever will happen but until Boco is in the CGI he will not be modelled cause Mattel has it that only cgi series characters are allowed to be made.